Rookie Investor here in the Silicon Valley, CA

Rookie Investor here in the Silicon Valley, CA

Real Estate Investor · Milpitas, CA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 3 votes

Hi everyone! My name is Jerrold and I'm a rookie investor who is looking to network with like-minded individuals. I haven't done any deals just yet, but i'm a willing learner and go-getter that has a passion for real estate. I am currently studying to get my Real Estate license and looking forward to creating a great living through real estate.

1Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2014 · 294 posts · 113 votes
12y

Welcome to BP @Jerrold Meer See you around the forums!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hi Jerrold,

    Welcome to Biggerpockets. BP is the best real estate site on the internet in my opinion. It can be overwhelming at first because the site is very active. There are a lot of very knowledgeable folks here. If you have any questions, ask away and someone will respond.

    There are quite a few investors in your area. Try to connect with @Brandon Lee . He works in Milpitas for a real estate investment firm. Use the "People to Know" search function on the right side of your screen and look for investors that live near you and connect with them.

    Welcome aboard.

  • Real Estate Investor · Milpitas, CA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Thanks Minh,

    yeah biggerpockets.com is definitely the best real estate site. It gives investors everything that we need in order to succeed in real estate. I've been reading a ton of articles and blogs on this site and the education that I've gotten for free is amazing. On top of all of that, they also let us connect with like minded individuals so that we can help each other out and learn from each other. Thanks again for the advice!

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    I notice you didn't mention that you have listened to BP's podcasts. Give it a spin. You might like it.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Hi Jerrold, and welcome to BP! I’m a ‘fix and hold’ investor from the Bay Area in CA, and loving it! But you’ll find a variety of every type of investor on the site, and everyone is amazingly helpful. Some pointers for you: The "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and so do BP members! You can click on the ‘vote’ button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are ‘awards’ to earn on your profile. And you can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name at the bottom of the message box. Welcome to the site, and good luck in everything!

  • Real Estate Investor · Milpitas, CA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Thanks @J. Martin for the welcome! I'm very happy that I found BP and I'm looking forward to my investing lifestyle! Also getting to learn from everyone from the BP community! it's great to learn from everyone!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Jerrold Meer Welcome! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

    Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

    See you around the site!

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2014 · 294 posts · 113 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP @Jerrold Meer See you around the forums!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Joey Budka is a commercial broker down in your general area also, and of course @Account Closed is always busy down there also. In addition, there are a few people on the peninsula who were able to come out to our meetup in Newark/Fremont meetup last week. You might want to reach out to some of these people too..

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/121556-newark-fremont-meetup---tues-3-25-14---6-30pm

  • Real Estate Investor · Milpitas, CA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    @J. Martin thank you and I'm looking forward to the next meet up so I can meet all of you!

    @Brandon Turner thanks! and thank you for building this wonderful community of real estate professionals and investors!

    @Robert Musallam Thanks and I'll see you around the forum as well!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.