Hi Everyone! I’m New here & super excited!

Hi Everyone! I’m New here & super excited!

Property Manager · Seattle, WA · Member since 2024 · 14 posts · 14 votes

Hi everyone! I’m Guenevere and I’m new to Bigger Pockets! I’m so excited to be here and learn from all of you. I work as a property manager in my 9 to 5 and see the power of real estate! I’m ready to start investing in my personal life to achieve that financial freedom! 
I’m so happy to be here and would love to connect with like minded individuals 😁

6Reply
25 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Guenevere F.:

    Hi everyone! I’m Guenevere and I’m new to Bigger Pockets! I’m so excited to be here and learn from all of you. I work as a property manager in my 9 to 5 and see the power of real estate! I’m ready to start investing in my personal life to achieve that financial freedom! 
    I’m so happy to be here and would love to connect with like minded individuals 😁

    Welcome! PM is a great foundational skill to move you forward. We learn skills that most Landlords take decades to figure out through trial and error.

    Let us know if there's anything we can help with on your journey!
    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Property Manager · Seattle, WA · Member since 2024 · 14 posts · 14 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Nathan Gesner:
    Quote from @Guenevere F.:

    Hi everyone! I’m Guenevere and I’m new to Bigger Pockets! I’m so excited to be here and learn from all of you. I work as a property manager in my 9 to 5 and see the power of real estate! I’m ready to start investing in my personal life to achieve that financial freedom! 
    I’m so happy to be here and would love to connect with like minded individuals 😁

    Welcome! PM is a great foundational skill to move you forward. We learn skills that most Landlords take decades to figure out through trial and error.

    Let us know if there's anything we can help with on your journey!

    Thank you so much @Nathan Gesner for the warm welcome! You are so right. Oh the things I have seen and had to manage as a PM of 138 doors. As the questions rise, I will absolutely be reaching out to the BP community. This is such an asset!

  • Robin SimonBusiness Member
    Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2022 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Guenevere F.:

    Hi everyone! I’m Guenevere and I’m new to Bigger Pockets! I’m so excited to be here and learn from all of you. I work as a property manager in my 9 to 5 and see the power of real estate! I’m ready to start investing in my personal life to achieve that financial freedom! 
    I’m so happy to be here and would love to connect with like minded individuals 😁


     Welcome to BP!

  • Property Manager · Seattle, WA · Member since 2024 · 14 posts · 14 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Robin Simon:
    Quote from @Guenevere F.:

    Hi everyone! I’m Guenevere and I’m new to Bigger Pockets! I’m so excited to be here and learn from all of you. I work as a property manager in my 9 to 5 and see the power of real estate! I’m ready to start investing in my personal life to achieve that financial freedom! 
    I’m so happy to be here and would love to connect with like minded individuals 😁


     Welcome to BP!

    Thank you so much @Robin Simon! I’m excited to be here! 

  • Member since 2024 · 52 posts · 25 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Guenevere F.:

    Hi everyone! I’m Guenevere and I’m new to Bigger Pockets! I’m so excited to be here and learn from all of you. I work as a property manager in my 9 to 5 and see the power of real estate! I’m ready to start investing in my personal life to achieve that financial freedom! 
    I’m so happy to be here and would love to connect with like minded individuals 😁

    Hey Guenevere, welcome to BiggerPockets! It’s great that you’re already working in property management—that’s a fantastic foundation for getting into investing. Real estate is definitely a powerful way to build wealth, and this community is full of like-minded individuals who are eager to share advice. Looking forward to seeing your journey and connecting with you! Feel free to reach out anytime.
  • Property Manager · Seattle, WA · Member since 2024 · 14 posts · 14 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Nicolas Martin:
    Quote from @Guenevere F.:

    Hi everyone! I’m Guenevere and I’m new to Bigger Pockets! I’m so excited to be here and learn from all of you. I work as a property manager in my 9 to 5 and see the power of real estate! I’m ready to start investing in my personal life to achieve that financial freedom! 
    I’m so happy to be here and would love to connect with like minded individuals 😁

    Hey Guenevere, welcome to BiggerPockets! It’s great that you’re already working in property management—that’s a fantastic foundation for getting into investing. Real estate is definitely a powerful way to build wealth, and this community is full of like-minded individuals who are eager to share advice. Looking forward to seeing your journey and connecting with you! Feel free to reach out anytime.
    Hey Nicolas! Thank you so much! I have been on the site for the past two days and already purchased two of Brandon Turner’s books as well as the Audible versions so I can just fully emerge myself into the world of real estate investing. I appreciate the ability to teach out to you with questions! Thank you so much! 😊
  • Lender · Seattle, WA · Member since 2022 · 482 posts · 768 votes
    1y

    HI Guenevere,

    You can acquire your a primary residence from up to 1-4 units for as low as 5% with conventional or 3.5% FHA with a few exceptions. Many buyers/investors are using this strategy to invest in real estate.

    - get into real estate with a lower rate and lesser percentage down payment.

    -house hack or rent out your vacant units out to lower your monthly mortgage payment.

    -repeat the process every year by acquiring one house every year with the appropriate income qualification

  • Property Manager · Seattle, WA · Member since 2024 · 14 posts · 14 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Matthew Kwan:

    HI Guenevere,

    You can acquire your a primary residence from up to 1-4 units for as low as 5% with conventional or 3.5% FHA with a few exceptions. Many buyers/investors are using this strategy to invest in real estate.

    - get into real estate with a lower rate and lesser percentage down payment.

    -house hack or rent out your vacant units out to lower your monthly mortgage payment.

    -repeat the process every year by acquiring one house every year with the appropriate income qualification

     Hi @Matthew Kwan! 
    I appreciate you reaching out! It’s nice to see that we are in the same area! I’d love to house hack and start with a duplex or larger, but I’m just finding is hard to shop around in our market. Washington is expensive and I’m at around $23k saved to start investing. I’ve posted in other forums and getting a lot of responses saying I need to save more because what I have so far would not be enough. 
    Either way, I’m not giving up and just saving saving saving and learning everything I can about investing in real estate. 

  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    @Guenevere F.

    When I started in rental property investing, I found it crucial to set clear goals, leverage existing skills, and focus on scaling gradually. Starting small through house hacking, long-term rentals, or flipping helped me gain experience without taking on too much risk. Networking with the BiggerPockets community and learning from resources like Brandon Turner's book were invaluable in shaping my strategy.

    Good luck!

  • Real Estate Broker · Bellevue, WA · Member since 2020 · 48 posts · 30 votes
    1y

    Hi Guenevere!

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! It’s great to have you here, and it sounds like you’re in an excellent position to start your real estate investing journey. Working as a property manager gives you such valuable insight into the market, tenant relationships, and property operations—it’s a fantastic foundation to build on.

    What kind of investing are you thinking about starting with? Buy-and-hold rentals, house hacking, or maybe something else? There’s so much potential in real estate, and with your experience, I’m sure you’ll hit the ground running.

    This is an amazing community to connect with like-minded individuals and learn from others who have been where you are now. Looking forward to hearing about your progress—feel free to reach out if you ever want to brainstorm or chat!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.