Golden, CO · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 3 votes
Hello everyone. My husband and I are both engineers and we're looking to test the waters of real estate investing by buying a house/duplex to rent here in the Golden/Arvada area. We have no experience except from buying our own house; even then we didn't really have much guidance.
I've seen people post about a podcast, where can I find that? Any resources that can be listened to, I'm all ears :)
I'm excited to learn more from this site and from all of you!
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y
Hello Michelle. You came to the right place! I'm a buy/fix and hold investor in the Bay in CA. But you'll find a variety of all strategies here on the website. A few tips on the website and on meeting some fellow investors:
Search for local meetups here or google a local REI club to network with other investors. On the site, the "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and so do the forums. You can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name when it pops up at the bottom of the message box. You can click on the 'vote' button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are 'awards' to earn on your profile. Good luck on everything!
Homeowner · Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 0 votes
12y
Hello Michelle, welcome to BP! Podcasts are located under the Learn dropdown on the toolbar at the top. What are your plans after the duplex if all goes well? I'm also just starting, best of luck to you two!
Golden, CO · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 3 votes
12y
Thank you Allan, Jon, and Brandon! I've listened to 2 podcasts now and I'll set up some keyword searched soon :) There is so much information here to learn about, I'm excited.
Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
12y
Welcome to BP @Michelle Maul! I've heard that engineers do well in REI because this business is all about developing and managing systems. Hopefully things come second hand to you and your husband. See you around the site.
Rental Property Investor · Golden, CO · Member since 2014 · 136 posts · 65 votes
12y
welcome @Michelle Maul. Nice to meet another local here. Have you seen the Denver BP meetup planned for April 28th that Anston posted? Looking forward to chatting with you are hearing about your goals!
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y
Hello Michelle. You came to the right place! I'm a buy/fix and hold investor in the Bay in CA. But you'll find a variety of all strategies here on the website. A few tips on the website and on meeting some fellow investors:
Search for local meetups here or google a local REI club to network with other investors. On the site, the "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and so do the forums. You can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name when it pops up at the bottom of the message box. You can click on the 'vote' button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are 'awards' to earn on your profile. Good luck on everything!
Investor · Hillsboro, OR · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 7 votes
12y
Michelle,
Nice to meet you. I am a new wholesale/investor in the Colorado market as well. I have learned tons of useful information of this website! I love the Golden area, and you have picked a wonderful place to live and invest. By any chance did you attend Mines? I almost went there for Petroleum Eng.