Back to BP 4 years and 5 properties later

Back to BP 4 years and 5 properties later

Member since 2023 · 14 posts · 12 votes

Hey Everyone,

I originally used Bigger Pockets about 4 years ago when I was looking for my first property, but haven't been active since. In that time, I've scaled up to 5 properties including a house hack, 3 small multifamily LTRs, and now working on launching my first STR with a partner. I live in Chicago but invest in Indiana.

I want to get more active here again because although I have learned a lot of valuable (and expensive) lessons, I know I have a long way to go. I'd love to connect with investors of any experience level, my areas of focus are small multifamily, deal analysis, and financial planning.

Thanks all,

Grady

9Reply
348 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 35 posts · 25 votes
1y

Hi Grady! Sounds like we are in the same boat here. I haven't been very active on BP lately, have around the same number of properties, and focus on the same types of projects. Crazy! Yet, I'm sure there are many of us. Feel free to reach out to me anytime.

@Toni Husbands If you need help finding the meetup groups, don't hesitate to reach out to me. I can help you find them and help you find other networking mechanisms specific to the Chicagoland area. @Aaron Zimmerman would be even more helpful than me. He's much better about networking than I'll probably ever be haha...

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 · 14 posts · 12 votes
    1y

    @Jonathan Klemm thanks for the message! House hack is in old town. And I chose Indiana for the affordability and regulations. Definitely hasn't appreciated as much as Chicago has in the last couple of years though!

  • Member since 2023 · 14 posts · 12 votes
    1y

    @Micah White Sounds great, would love to chat. And the STR isn't even launched yet, we're finishing up renovations. The plan is to get it going in the next 2 weeks, so I'm sure there is going to be plenty of new lessons

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    House hack in Old Town - that's nice area of Chicago!  @Grady Schmidt!

    I don't blame you for going to Indiana to invest.

    What's your game plan as far as making connections/networking and setting up systems to manage the business?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.