New here hello all

Most Popular Reply

Melissa JusticeBusiness Member
Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2024 · 518 posts · 1k+ votes
10mo

@Michelle Mack,

Hey Michelle - I know of some turnkey options in the Akron & Canton, OH markets (outside of Cleveland) under 200k with strong seller incentives and property management already in place. Feel free to DM me so we can discuss more.

Best of luck!

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Michelle Mack:

    Hello all,


    I’m new to the bigger pockets community but I’ve been watching you all for a while. Looking forward to engaging and interacting with all of you.

    Hi @Michelle Mack, welcome to the BP Forum! What type of properties most interests you, SFR, 2-4 MF, or 5+ MF? What is your price range/down payment amount? Are you looking for turn-key properties or something along the lines of a "fixer upper"? Are you looking for properties in your local market or somewhere else?

  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 8 votes
    11mo

    Hi Jaycee,

    I’m mostly interested in multi family homes, 2-6 doors max. I’m not interested in my area as I believe I’m priced out but I am looking in Ohio investments. Mainly turn keys that are already rented or minimal upgrades to make rent ready.

    At the moment I’m working towards a 20% down payment rate as I am not able to do house hacking at the moment. Max price range right now is $250k for purchase. 

    • Jaycee GreenePro Member
      Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Michelle Mack:

      Hi Jaycee,

      I’m mostly interested in multi family homes, 2-6 doors max. I’m not interested in my area as I believe I’m priced out but I am looking in Ohio investments. Mainly turn keys that are already rented or minimal upgrades to make rent ready.

      At the moment I’m working towards a 20% down payment rate as I am not able to do house hacking at the moment. Max price range right now is $250k for purchase. 

       That's great info, @Michelle Mack. Not sure if you're looking in Columbus, but what about this duplex: 104-106 N Hague Ave, Columbus, OH 43204?

  • Investor · Willis, TX · Member since 2014 · 245 posts · 124 votes
    11mo

    Hey Michelle! 

    I'm "new-ish" to BP myself. Welcome! Good to have you.

    That CA market is definitely pricing so many people out.

    Juan-

    • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      11mo
      Quote from @Juan Cristales: 

      @Michelle Mack:


      Hey Michelle! 

      I'm "new-ish" to BP myself. Welcome! Good to have you.

      That CA market is definitely pricing so many people out.

      Juan-

      Surprisingly, Phoenix which is quite a closer, has properties in the range you are looking for. When you do creative financing, it's about a $50,000 for entry. Unless youo have a reason to enjoy crispy cold weather. Lol
  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo

    Hey @Michelle Mack, I’d recommend starting by focusing on one or two markets that interest you and getting to know the rental demand, average rents, and price-to-rent ratios there. From my experience, it’s easy to get overwhelmed chasing deals everywhere, but real traction comes once you really know one market inside and out.

    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate539 Reviews
  • Joey BanasihanPro Member
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2019 · 233 posts · 188 votes
    10mo

    Welcome @Michelle Mack! My in-laws are in Sacramento, we travel there a bit from Boise. Hope you are able to find some good stuff here, and most importantly, take small actionable steps consistently over a long period of time - thats the wealth builder and the difference maker.  Let us know how we can help!

  • Scott ScovilleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 497 posts · 272 votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Michelle Mack:

    Hello all,


    I’m new to the bigger pockets community but I’ve been watching you all for a while. Looking forward to engaging and interacting with all of you.


     Welcome Michelle!

    Scoville Realty & Investments LLC
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    10mo

    @Michelle Mack

    hi Michelle and welcome.  i totally get that your immediate area is expensive.  i would just caution you about picking a random property in Ohio and buying it.  we see CA investors who do exactly that without knowledge of the local area or the right team in place, or even with the right team but without proper expectations for how much money they're going to spend, and it seems to set them backward.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/48/topics/1242392-rough...

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/48/topics/1137397-balti...

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/432/topics/1231840-sell...

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/311/topics/840134-memph...

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/963/topics/1195280-expe...


    to buy a property that costs $250K+ is going to take 60K+ and that's a lot of capital to shell out.

    if you're serious about investing in Columbus I'd go there in person and really get to know a couple areas first.

    hope this helps.  happy to answer any questions you have.  i'm not in the "just buy something" camp.  i think that makes no sense right now.

    • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 8 votes
      10mo

      @Nicholas L. Hi Nicholas! Thank you for the information! I see I'll be bugging you a lot!! Lol

      i totally understand your caution as I am planning to go there and spend the summer in the area getting to know the market! I've given myself a two year timeline to purchase so I'm not in a rush and I don't want to bite off more than I can handle! I appreciate you and your words! Will do! 

  • Melissa JusticeBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2024 · 518 posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    @Michelle Mack,

    Hey Michelle - I know of some turnkey options in the Akron & Canton, OH markets (outside of Cleveland) under 200k with strong seller incentives and property management already in place. Feel free to DM me so we can discuss more.

    Best of luck!

  • Real Estate Broker · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2021 · 516 posts · 408 votes
    10mo

    Welcome to BP, Michelle! I'm a local broker and PM here in Sacramento, we manage about 100 Airbnb properties and multifamily apartments. 

    Hope you're getting as much value from this platform as I do!!

  • Gordon CuffePro Member
    Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 583 votes
    10mo

    @Michelle Mack I am a local mortgage broker who has also invested out of state. The toughest part about investing out of state is the finding a honest competent property manager. I was referred to a property manager in St louis back in 2014. He ended up ripping off a bunch of out of state investors. He was prosecuted but people never received compensation back. I do have a great property manager in Tennessee. The good ones are out there but hard to find. You best bet is try to find local wholesalers in the city that you choose to buy in so you can just purchase discounted properties. good luck in your journey. 

  • Specialist · Member since 2025 · 483 posts · 270 votes
    10mo

    Welcome to BP, Michelle!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.