Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2025 · 15 posts · 18 votes
Hello, I'm Michelle. I'm new to real estate investing and want to learn more from others who've been in the game longer. I currently own one rental property and plan to expand through BRRRR deals. I'm here to connect with other investors, agents, and lenders, and also find deals so I can build a portfolio of rentals. Looking forward to fully immerse myself in this community!
Hello, I'm Michelle. I'm new to real estate investing and want to learn more from others who've been in the game longer. I currently own one rental property and plan to expand through BRRRR deals. I'm here to connect with other investors, agents, and lenders, and also find deals so I can build a portfolio of rentals. Looking forward to fully immerse myself in this community!
One of the most importnant parts of the BRRRR is understanding how the refi will work. The 4th R (refi) is vital for the 5th R (repeat) to happen. I find that a lot of folks do not really understand how that step works and what you can actually pull out and when etc. You should understand that backward and forwards before you execute on the B if the goal is to get to the Repeat.
Hello, I'm Michelle. I'm new to real estate investing and want to learn more from others who've been in the game longer. I currently own one rental property and plan to expand through BRRRR deals. I'm here to connect with other investors, agents, and lenders, and also find deals so I can build a portfolio of rentals. Looking forward to fully immerse myself in this community!
Hi @Michelle Velasquez, welcome to the BP Forum! What type of properties most interests you, SFR, 2-4 MF, or 5+ MF? What is your price range/down payment amount? Are you looking for turn-key properties or something along the lines of a "fixer upper"? Are you looking for properties in your local market or somewhere else?
Hello, I'm Michelle. I'm new to real estate investing and want to learn more from others who've been in the game longer. I currently own one rental property and plan to expand through BRRRR deals. I'm here to connect with other investors, agents, and lenders, and also find deals so I can build a portfolio of rentals. Looking forward to fully immerse myself in this community!
Hi @Michelle Velasquez, welcome to the BP Forum! What type of properties most interests you, SFR, 2-4 MF, or 5+ MF? What is your price range/down payment amount? Are you looking for turn-key properties or something along the lines of a "fixer upper"? Are you looking for properties in your local market or somewhere else?
Hi there. Starting off I am interested in single-family homes under 2000 ft.² and I’d like to look for more of a fixer-upper so I can add value. I feel most comfortable looking in the same market where my current rental is as I feel I have a pretty good grasp on the area. Once I get my feet wet, build my contact list, and have a feel for how things work I’d like to transition to multifamily properties.
Hello, I'm Michelle. I'm new to real estate investing and want to learn more from others who've been in the game longer. I currently own one rental property and plan to expand through BRRRR deals. I'm here to connect with other investors, agents, and lenders, and also find deals so I can build a portfolio of rentals. Looking forward to fully immerse myself in this community!
Hi @Michelle Velasquez, welcome to the BP Forum! What type of properties most interests you, SFR, 2-4 MF, or 5+ MF? What is your price range/down payment amount? Are you looking for turn-key properties or something along the lines of a "fixer upper"? Are you looking for properties in your local market or somewhere else?
Hi there. Starting off I am interested in single-family homes under 2000 ft.² and I’d like to look for more of a fixer-upper so I can add value. I feel most comfortable looking in the same market where my current rental is as I feel I have a pretty good grasp on the area. Once I get my feet wet, build my contact list, and have a feel for how things work I’d like to transition to multifamily properties.
@Michelle Velasquez Is your current rental in Houston? How much of a rehab are you comfortable with, light, medium, heavy, or gut?
Specialist · Member since 2025 · 483 posts · 270 votes
11mo
Welcome, Michelle. BRRRR is a great path—just make it repeatable. Set a tight buy box, learn your target rents and rehab costs, and line up your core four early: investor‑friendly agent, lender (DSCR/conv), GC, and PM. Start with light rehabs to test your team, underwrite with conservative rents and full reserves, and only refi if the new payment improves cash flow and sets up the next buy. Quick next step: analyze 20 deals this week, walk 2, and post one with your numbers for a gut check.
Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2025 · 15 posts · 18 votes
11mo
@Jaycee Greene thanks for sending that over. I'm still in the process of lining up a lender contractor, realtor etc. I have not considered section 8 housing at this point yet.
Hello, I'm Michelle. I'm new to real estate investing and want to learn more from others who've been in the game longer. I currently own one rental property and plan to expand through BRRRR deals. I'm here to connect with other investors, agents, and lenders, and also find deals so I can build a portfolio of rentals. Looking forward to fully immerse myself in this community!
One of the most importnant parts of the BRRRR is understanding how the refi will work. The 4th R (refi) is vital for the 5th R (repeat) to happen. I find that a lot of folks do not really understand how that step works and what you can actually pull out and when etc. You should understand that backward and forwards before you execute on the B if the goal is to get to the Repeat.
Hello, I'm Michelle. I'm new to real estate investing and want to learn more from others who've been in the game longer. I currently own one rental property and plan to expand through BRRRR deals. I'm here to connect with other investors, agents, and lenders, and also find deals so I can build a portfolio of rentals. Looking forward to fully immerse myself in this community!
One of the most importnant parts of the BRRRR is understanding how the refi will work. The 4th R (refi) is vital for the 5th R (repeat) to happen. I find that a lot of folks do not really understand how that step works and what you can actually pull out and when etc. You should understand that backward and forwards before you execute on the B if the goal is to get the repeat.
I couldn't agree more, @Jay HurstIn your experience, how would a developer/investor like @Michelle Velasquez figure that out? Trial and error? A consult with you? Work with another professional in the industry?
Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 190 posts · 137 votes
11mo
Hi Michelle,
For your BRRRR strategy, I can connect you with a few reputable wholesalers I work closely with here in Houston. Our internal team also finds about one to two viable off-market deals each month. If you have specific questions about the process, I'm happy to help. And if it's something I haven't personally experienced, chances are I know someone who has.
New to Real Estate · Miami, FL · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 458 votes
11mo
Welcome, Michelle!
Starting with a rental already under your belt puts you in a strong spot. BRRRR is a powerful strategy, especially if you stay disciplined on buy box, rehab budget, and refinance terms. This community is a great place to find insights, connections, and maybe even your next deal. Excited to see how your portfolio grows from here.
I'm also based in the Houston area and really enjoy seeing other investors getting started on their BRRRR journey. It's such a powerful strategy when you can get the numbers and the neighborhood right.
I work with affordable shared housing here in Houston, so I’ve been on the rental side quite a bit — happy to share what I’ve learned about keeping homes occupied and maintained while scaling gradually.
This community has been great for finding ideas, local insights, and connecting with people who’ve already walked the path. You’ll get a ton of value here. Wishing you much success as you grow your portfolio!
Hello, I'm Michelle. I'm new to real estate investing and want to learn more from others who've been in the game longer. I currently own one rental property and plan to expand through BRRRR deals. I'm here to connect with other investors, agents, and lenders, and also find deals so I can build a portfolio of rentals. Looking forward to fully immerse myself in this community!
Hello, I'm Michelle. I'm new to real estate investing and want to learn more from others who've been in the game longer. I currently own one rental property and plan to expand through BRRRR deals. I'm here to connect with other investors, agents, and lenders, and also find deals so I can build a portfolio of rentals. Looking forward to fully immerse myself in this community!
Sorry I'm late to the party Michelle, I'm actually an investor friendly agent and would love to connect and get you more of those rental plays and also help you with any questions you have about this industry.
Congrats for your first rental! I think the BRRRR strategy is a great way to build a portfolio of rentals. Also work with experienced investors, agents, and lenders, this will help you get things done more quickly and avoiding costly mistakes.