New Member — Learning the DFW Market

New Member — Learning the DFW Market

Investor · Member since 2026 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone,

I'm Yassin. I'm currently learning the Dallas-Fort Worth real estate market and getting started with real estate investing.

I'm especially interested in wholesaling, fix & flips, and learning how experienced investors evaluate off-market deals.

I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here and getting to know the DFW real estate community.

Thanks!

1Reply
248 views

Most Popular Reply

Technology · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 476 posts · 302 votes
2d

Welcome, definitely come to the local meetups.

BiggerPockets
See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Technology · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 476 posts · 302 votes
    2d

    Welcome, definitely come to the local meetups.

    BiggerPockets
    • Investor · Member since 2026 · 4 posts · 1 vote
      1d

      Thanks Aaron! I appreciate it. I'll definitely look into the local meetups. Looking forward to meeting more investors in the DFW area.

  • Brad SeidBusiness Member
    Lender · Licensed in 28 States · Member since 2026 · 161 posts · 46 votes
    1d

    @Yassin Hassan Welcome, Yassin! DFW has some interesting opportunities. As you start exploring deals, feel free to reach out if you need help with financing options for your future investments. Happy to connect and see how I can help!

    • Investor · Member since 2026 · 4 posts · 1 vote
      22h

      Hi Brad, thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate it.

      I'm currently building relationships in the DFW market and learning how to evaluate investment opportunities and structure deals properly.

      I'd be interested in learning more about the financing options you offer for real estate investors, including your minimum requirements and whether you work with newer investors or JV partnerships.

      Looking forward to connecting!

      Best,
      Yassin

  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 940 votes
    19h
    Quote from @Yassin Hassan:

    Hi everyone,

    I'm Yassin. I'm currently learning the Dallas-Fort Worth real estate market and getting started with real estate investing.

    I'm especially interested in wholesaling, fix & flips, and learning how experienced investors evaluate off-market deals.

    I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here and getting to know the DFW real estate community.

    Thanks!

    Welcome to the community, Yassin! DFW is a powerhouse market for wholesaling and flips, but because competition is so aggressive and seller margins are tight, dialing in your off-market deal sourcing and underwriting is everything. As you build out your strategy, keep in mind that the exact same sourcing frameworks work incredibly well out of state in Midwest markets, where lower entry prices and motivated sellers often make finding deep-discount flips and wholesale assignments even easier to pencil out. Best of luck getting started, and feel free to reach out anytime if you want to connect!

    • Investor · Member since 2026 · 4 posts · 1 vote
      2h

      Hi Arman, thank you for the insight! I appreciate your perspective on DFW and the Midwest.

      I'm currently researching how to source and evaluate wholesale opportunities while building relationships with experienced investors and deal sources.

      Since you're familiar with the Ohio markets, which cities would you suggest researching for a beginner looking for affordable properties and active investor demand? Also, do you think it's better to build a network in one market first before expanding?

      Thanks again!

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 978 votes
    9h

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Good luck investing.

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.