Involved In Real Estate · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 1 vote
I finally completed my profile on here and looking to invest seriously either by my self or with investment partners. My dads been investing in real estate for a long time (buy and hold, flipping, renting,commercial, etc) and now its time for me to start investing. I'm excited to be a part of this website as I have noticed alot of people seem to be helpful and actually meet up and discuss ideas on investing in real estate. I live in Los Angeles so I will be mainly looking in cheaper areas in california possibly Fresno and out of state as well. Atlanta seems like a great area to invest in which I will be researching about.
Real Estate Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2014 · 53 posts · 41 votes
12y
@Vick Tasmajian Welcome to BP!! It's a great place to be getting started. You can set up keyword alerts by going to your account and then on the lefthand side you'll see topics - click forums - click keyword alerts - you can put your chosen markets. you'll get e-mail alerts when you're keyword is used, this allows you to see not only who's in Atlanta but who is active!
Real Estate Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2014 · 53 posts · 41 votes
12y
@Vick Tasmajian Welcome to BP!! It's a great place to be getting started. You can set up keyword alerts by going to your account and then on the lefthand side you'll see topics - click forums - click keyword alerts - you can put your chosen markets. you'll get e-mail alerts when you're keyword is used, this allows you to see not only who's in Atlanta but who is active!
Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
12y
Hi Vick,
Atlanta is a good market among others. What you are wanting to buy and expectations come into play.
SFR houses here entry level are way overheated.
In the current cycle commercial is where a good yield is at in ATL. With my clients we only stick to quality areas. Would rather increase the returns with debt structure then buy in marginal areas at high caps with lots of issues. A quality asset is key especially owning remotely from afar.
Real Estate Agent · Fresno, CA · Member since 2014 · 367 posts · 174 votes
12y
welcome Vick! I'm a Cash Flow investor in Fresno, if you need have any questions or need someone to show you around i'd be more than happy to help. hit me up if you'd like.
Involved In Real Estate · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 1 vote
12y
@Joel Owens well be in touch. My dad bought a commercial zoned land not too long ago in atlanta. When I come out there with him we can definitely link up.
Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
12y
I am a buy and hold investor in Hanford/Lemoore area. It is outside of the Fresno and Visalia area. I love this area for investing. Great cashflow low escrow fees and a well paid transient population.
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y
Hey @Vick Tasmajian thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.