New Investor In Kansas City

New Investor In Kansas City

Real Estate Investor · Roeland Park, KS · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hello All!

I moved to Kansas City in December of 2010 after finishing college to begin a career in Engineering Technology.  I've always had an interest in real estate along with a background in construction and decided to take advantage of the great market that the Kansas City area has to offer. 

My plan is to initially begin with wholesaling until I can move up to doing complete rehabs and eventually owning rental properties.  My main goal here on Bigger Pockets is to network with fellow professionals with similar goals as well as learn from all of the collective knowledge this site has to offer.  I look forward to meeting several of you and hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Ryan

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2013 · 658 posts · 315 votes
12y

Welcome to BP! You're right, you are in a great market.  The entry price for your first property is pretty low you shouldn't need to wholesale to start.  Look up William Robison here on BP he is a great investment realtor and he can inform you about the local real estate investment meetings.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Realtor · Leawood, KS · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 13 votes
    12y
    Ryan, Welcome to BP. There's a wealth of information and resources here. I'm doing what you want to do in the Kansas City area. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
  • Real Estate Investor · Roeland Park, KS · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Bennison:

    Ryan,
    Welcome to BP. There's a wealth of information and resources here. I'm doing what you want to do in the Kansas City area. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

    Thank you very much!  I'm sure I will greatly benefit from all of the combined infomation on this site and appreciate your help.  I will definitely contact you if (when) I have any questions.

  • Gordon CuffePro Member
    Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 583 votes
    12y

    Kansas city is a great market. I live in CA but I am investing and wholesaling in Kansas city because of the better returns.

  • Real Estate Broker · Leawood, KS · Member since 2013 · 150 posts · 23 votes
    12y

    @Ryan Gustafson Welcome to BP Nation! Like others have said, you are in a Great Market to start Investing! Biggest thing is actually taking Action! 

    Best of Luck! 

  • Realtor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2012 · 25 posts · 4 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Ryan Gustafson:

    Hello All!

    I moved to Kansas City in December of 2010 after finishing college to begin a career in Engineering Technology.  I've always had an interest in real estate along with a background in construction and decided to take advantage of the great market that the Kansas City area has to offer. 

    My plan is to initially begin with wholesaling until I can move up to doing complete rehabs and eventually owning rental properties.  My main goal here on Bigger Pockets is to network with fellow professionals with similar goals as well as learn from all of the collective knowledge this site has to offer.  I look forward to meeting several of you and hope to hear from you soon.

    Thanks,

    Congratulations and welcome to BP

  • Real Estate Investor · Roeland Park, KS · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thank you all for the warm welcome.  I look forward to hopefully meeting and working with some of you.  I'm excited to be a part of Bigger Pockets and real estate investing in general. 

  • Investor · Smithville, MO · Member since 2014 · 160 posts · 19 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP!  There is a BP meetup on Lee's Summit this evening if you can make it.  This will be my first meeting as well.

    Good Luck!

    Rob

  • Real Estate Investor · Roeland Park, KS · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thanks for the welcome and info Rob.  I'm actually planning to attend that meeting.  It will be my first as well.  I have a partner that I'm getting into the Real Estate venture with and he will also be attending.  Hope to see you there!

  • Rehabber · Lenexa, KS · Member since 2014 · 34 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP!

  • Investor · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2013 · 658 posts · 315 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP! You're right, you are in a great market.  The entry price for your first property is pretty low you shouldn't need to wholesale to start.  Look up William Robison here on BP he is a great investment realtor and he can inform you about the local real estate investment meetings.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.