New Member in North San Diego County (Carlsbad)

New Member in North San Diego County (Carlsbad)

New to Real Estate · Lake Wildwood, CA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Hi BP Members! I am brand new to BP and was so excited to find a "no hype" place to learn about real estate investing. I am brand new to real estate investing and outside of deciding to hold onto our home in Colorado and turn that into a rental property I have no experience.

I currently run a product development and marketing agency. We specialize in helping our clients take their experience and create training programs to teach and coach others. I love what I have created, but looking to expand our wealth portfolio so starting to education myself on real estate investing.

I am currently looking for networking opportunities in the San Diego County Area. My initial research has me interesting in rental properties as well as wholesale opportunities. 

I am excited to share relevant experience gained through years of project management, marketing and product development at the same time as learning the ins/outs of real estate investing from all of you in this great community. I know that this will be the fastest way to get me over the fear of jumping in and analysis paralysis!!

Looking forward to connecting, sharing and learning!

Thanks,
Kendra

2Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2014 · 46 posts · 28 votes
11y

Hello @Kendra Dixon
maybe you've watched this already, but if you haven't, watch this webinar:

"How to Find, Analyze, and Finance an Incredible Rental Property Deal!"
http://www.biggerpockets.com/pages/webinarreplay


time sensitive (6 hours left)

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Santa Monica, CA · Member since 2014 · 199 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    Sounds really interesting @Kendra Dixon , welcome to BP!

  • Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2014 · 46 posts · 28 votes
    11y

    Hello @Kendra Dixon
    maybe you've watched this already, but if you haven't, watch this webinar:

    "How to Find, Analyze, and Finance an Incredible Rental Property Deal!"
    http://www.biggerpockets.com/pages/webinarreplay


    time sensitive (6 hours left)

  • New to Real Estate · Lake Wildwood, CA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Vala Shahabi 

    @Elijah Artman thanks for reaching out and sending over the webinar. Curious when this webinar was originally recorded...offer talks about the 2012 conference?? You still find the content relevant today?

    Thanks again!

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP! I'm up north from you, in LA. Where in Colorado did you have a house?

  • New to Real Estate · Lake Wildwood, CA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hi Ali, Thanks for the welcome. Our house is in Colorado Springs. We were able to rent it out in just 6 days through Military by Owner. Prime location to use that service.

  • Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2014 · 46 posts · 28 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Kendra Dixon:

    Thanks @Vala Shahabi 

    @Elijah Artman thanks for reaching out and sending over the webinar. Curious when this webinar was originally recorded...offer talks about the 2012 conference?? You still find the content relevant today?

    Thanks again!

     Hi @Kendra,

    webinar was recorded last Thursday. (it's pretty fresh)

    and the promotion to the audio of the 2012 conference is just a promo. 

  • New to Real Estate · Lake Wildwood, CA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Elijah Artman watching it now. So impressed with the calculators!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Kendra Dixon thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! If you haven't yet- be sure to setup some "Keyword Alerts" to get into conversation in your target area.

    Seeya around!

  • Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 664 posts · 231 votes
    11y

    @Kendra Dixon  welcome to BP. If you're interested we have a real estate investment group that meets monthly in Oceanside at the El Camino Country Club. We are no hype and no sales, just good content. The next meeting is on 10/21 at 6:00 pm and you can get more details at: www.nsdrei.org or search #NSDREI on Meetup or here on Bigger Pockets.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP community @Kendra Dixon  It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. 

    Wishing you the best! 

  • New to Real Estate · Lake Wildwood, CA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the welcome wishes everyone!

    @Bruce May I will be sure to look up the NSDREI group...thank you for the great local resource!!

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Kendra Dixon   Welcome to the community! Glad to see another SoCal investor. Now get active... read blogs, ask questions, and I highly suggest a podcast marathon! Good luck.

  • Rental Property Investor · Temecula, CA · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Hi @Kendra Dixon,

    Just wanted to welcome you to BP!  Great site!  I back up what @Jon Huber said about the podcast marathon...really eye opening and hugely informational!  I'm up in Temecula, not too far from you.  Hope to see you around!  

    Best Regards,

    Shawn Crowley

  • Real Estate Investor · Vista, CA · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    Hi Kendra, Welcome to BP it a great way to meet with like minded people, also the NSDREI meets in Oceanside is very useful, full of information and some great people to meet.  It meets in Oceanside at the El Camino Country Club on the third Tuesday each month. I'm from Vista.  I Hope to see you there! 

    To a Great Day

    Matt Drake

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.