Newbie From Riverside County in Southern California

Newbie From Riverside County in Southern California

Homeowner · Perris, CA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 3 votes

Hello B.P. 

I found B.P. From an Internet search and have been hooked ever since. I currently listen to PodCast shows every day. I enjoy the relaxed attempts to bring experience and knowledge from many different areas of the real estate field. I am surfing the forums looking for topics that peak my interest. I plan on investing in some way in 2015. 

3Reply
7 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Santa Monica, CA · Member since 2014 · 199 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    Hey @Taylor J. welcome to BP! 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Taylor J. 

    welcome to the site.

  • Homeowner · Perris, CA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Thanks Guys...

  • Real Estate Investor · Acton, CA · Member since 2014 · 109 posts · 73 votes
    11y

    welcome @Taylor J. I'm brand new here too. This site is great for newbs like us because there are some many kind people willing to share advice!

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets!

    This is an awesome place to meet fellow investors. We are also buy and hold investors. We both work full time day jobs and invest in single family homes. We have bought properties and created a system that allows us to self-manage even from a distance. Our goal is to be able to retire at 42 and 44 when my husband has the opportunity to retire from the navy.

    Another great place is to look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.

    Look forward to seeing you around! Let me know if I can help!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Taylor J. 

    Welcome. Time to build the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good luck

    Paul

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Hey  @Taylor J.  welcome to BP! I'm glad you're enjoying the podcast. You should definitely start jumping right in the forums! Also, if you haven't yet, try to setup some "Keyword Alerts." It's great for getting into local conversations.

    See you around the site!

  • Investor · ONTARIO, CA · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 10 votes
    11y
    Welcome buddy enjoying the rain? I know I am it's poring here in Ontario . There is so much content and information be sure to do your do diligence in everything you are looking into. Be sure the information And your source is active in BP and have a good reputation and track record because there is a lot of different insights and opinions on certain subjects. stay active and you will learn a lot and keep asking questions . Have a great weekend. Ttyl God bless
  • Michele FischerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Taylor, welcome to BiggerPockets!  It was a sad sad day when I got caught up with the podcasts and went from listening daily to weekly!  Enjoy!

  • Investor · Hemet, CA · Member since 2014 · 48 posts · 21 votes
    11y
    Welcome Taylor! I reside in Riverside County as well. Enjoy BP! It has sparked so many great ideas and discussions for me. I have also joined some of the local groups on meetup. com but haven't had a chance to attend a meeting just yet. Love BP for its education and networking.
  • Investor / Education · Moreno Valley, CA · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    @Taylor J. 

    Hey Taylor, welcome! I'm also a newbie and pretty close to you. I live in Mo Val. Like you, I'm still figuring my way around this site, but so far it seems to have a wealth of great info and everyone is super friendly and helpful. Best of luck!

    JD

  • Homeowner · Perris, CA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Thanks... I have learned a lot already in my short time here. I am putting together a plan at this time.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.