Property Manager · Tianjin, China · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 5 votes
Hi all, recently joined. The podcasts are very informative.
Currently based out of the US, but looking to eventually invest in Columbia Missouri. Interested in multi-family, trying to figure out how to manage a couple units very long distance before jumping into bigger deals. Would like to get suggestions for good property management companies to run assets and real estate attorneys to help structure and process deals.
Currently working in commercial real estate in China.
3. Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.
4. Develop your own business strategy. -- Don’t just be a “jack-of-all-trades" Even though I am.
5. Grow your business by developing your business plan. - Remember there is a difference between goals and a plan. http://www.biggerpockets.com/files
6. Locate and attend several different local REIAs as they’re great opportunities to network and meet wholesalers, lenders, and contractors.
7. Stay away from the “guru” sales-pitch events - they rarely increase your investment knowledge, they merely empty your wallet!
8. Spend some time every day on Bigger Pockets by connecting with “colleagues,” perusing blogs and videos, and engaging with others on the forums: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
Welcome. You have some great experience. You should be able to locate all the money sources over there for your deals. Fill in the foundation below.
Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers. You can connect via phone.
You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.
Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over
Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
11y
Welcome to BP community @Michael H. It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more.
If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select that person below. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.
Overland Park, KS · Member since 2013 · 55 posts · 12 votes
11y
@Michael H. -- I lived in Columbia for many years. I can't speak on their service, but Assured Property Management, LLC (APM) is one of the largest property management companies for small multifamily around Columbia.
Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
11y
Columbia is sort of close to home for me, and I've looked there a few times. It has the advantage of being a big college town, but not too huge. But I don't see much there that looks very profitable.
Real Estate Broker · Columbia, MO · Member since 2011 · 4 posts · 0 votes
11y
Hey Michael,
How's your search coming along? I'm in Columbia, Investor and Real Estate Broker. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Take care,
Andy
Rental Property Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2011 · 102 posts · 12 votes
10y
Hi @Michael H. Have you started investing yet? I'm currently looking for a great Columbia MO property manager who has a great online/tech portal that can be used for communicating, tenant repairs, and property photos and renovation, like Buildium. Does anyone know a manager that might fit this?
Property Manager · Tianjin, China · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 5 votes
10y
Tiffany,
I did buy something, but not in Columbia. I still like the market in theory, but still couldn't get a comfort level with how to handle the property management from so far away. I ended up putting some money into something overseas that my company was marketing and managing there.