Aloha!!! New-ish real estate agent in New Jersey!

Aloha!!! New-ish real estate agent in New Jersey!

Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 62 posts · 13 votes
Aloha!!!! I am a new real estate agent in the Ocean/Monmouth counties in New Jersey! I would like to be an "investors agent" as I am already working on a rehab project with my family. (One reason I became an agent was to save my family $ on the realtors commission) But I want to expand and thrive in this business. How should I move forward? How do I become a great investors agent? #AskBP Aloha, Pili
1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
11y

Hey @Pili Yarusi thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! If you haven't yet- be sure to setup some "Keyword Alerts" to get into conversation in your target area.

Seeya around!

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Pili Yarusi 

    welcome to the site.

    One way to be a great investors agent is to network with investors constantly. Luckily for you, you have just signed up for a site with nothing but investors. Stay active on the forums and let everyone on the site know what you do.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Pili Yarusi thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! If you haven't yet- be sure to setup some "Keyword Alerts" to get into conversation in your target area.

    Seeya around!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Atlantic County, NJ · Member since 2012 · 514 posts · 209 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Pili Yarusi ! 

  • David SemerPro Member
    Investor · Lincroft, NJ · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    @Pilialoha Nathaniel 

    Always great to meet local Monmouth and Ocean County investors. This is a great place for networking and gathering and sharing information. If you are looking to build your business for Investors you need to first you need to find more investors. I would start out with some local REI group. I am a member ofhttp://sjreia.org/ I have found the people are really great and share a lot of incredible information but it is based out of Cherry Hill and not a lot of local Ocean County members. Their is a Sub Group from this REI based in Ocean County you may consider checking out. http://sjreia.org/225-ocean-county-subgroup/ Lisa Lopez the Group leader is a fantastic resource. (Full Disclosure I am an agent in her Office) but for me it is for the MLS access mostly. Also there is a new Meetup starting in Asbury Park. Also @Mark S.  from Bigger Pockets here runs an awesome Central Jersey meeting.  If you put in key word central jersey meetup you will notified when it is occurring. 

    If you have any interested in these please feel free to message me I can give you more detail.  

     Best luck.

  • Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 62 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    @Brandon Turner HI! Would I be the first person to say I'm a little star struck... Even though I've been silent on this site since I started last year I have listened to a great deal of your podcasts! Okay now that I've made that awkward confession, Thanks for the advice! Will do!

  • Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 62 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    @James Wise Thank you for the advice. I will be more active on the forums. 

    aloha!

  • Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 62 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    Mahalo! @Nathan Paisley 

  • Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 62 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    @David Semer Wow. Thank you kindly for all the info! I plan on taking in all of New Jersey. Well... maybe Central and lower. Although my license currently hangs in Brick I live in Westfield, NJ. Have car. Will travel! I will PM you for more info on the meetings you attend.

    Thanks again!

    Aloha,

    Pili

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    11y

    Welcome to biggerpockets

  • Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2013 · 62 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    Thanks! Jenkins

  • Developer · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 294 posts · 70 votes
    11y

    Hi Pili,

    Welcome to the site. Wow, Westfield to Brick. But I guess that's part of living in NJ. It seems like we're always on the road driving somewhere.

    I think what you've heard is good advice, particularly what @David Semer said at local groups. Not only does that give you a chance to network, but it would also educate you about what it is that investors are looking for so that you can better distinguish yourself as being investor friendly.

  • Wholesaler · Edison, NJ · Member since 2014 · 92 posts · 28 votes
    11y

    @Pili Yarusi Welcome to the site! My best suggestion would be to get in the mind of an investor. Like people have mentioned before me, join all the meet-ups and events available. The best thing is to know what your investor wants on a detailed level and bring to them what you know they will buy, that way it saves time and effort on everyone's part.

    Westfield is a great location, you're next to the biggest hub of NJ real estate networking! The NJRESN meeting is held monthly in Garwood within the same county. I am a member and I highly recommend it!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Hah thanks @Pili Yarusi :) 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.