Starting out in the greater Chattanooga, TN area.

Starting out in the greater Chattanooga, TN area.

Ringgold, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 3 votes

I'm Joseph (Joe) Stricker.  I am new to real estate investing and I'm concentrating on getting a solid education to prepare me.  I've lived in the Chattanooga area for over two years and plan to stay in the area for many more years.

My goal is to provide a reasonable living that grows in equity and which also contains some residual income.  I'm just getting started so I have not established a niche yet, but I know I want to include commercial and residential rentals in my future portfolio.

I have been researching this move for over 3 weeks and I'm now taking the first steps in executing this move.

2Reply
82 views

Most Popular Reply

Bay Shore, NY · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 3 votes
11y

I am just getting started as well in Tennessee, I am about two hours away in Nashville. Will be moving from New York in August. I have a close friend in Chattanooga and spend a lot of time there. Maybe we can get together in the coming months.

See this reply in the discussion

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Ooltewah, TN · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Congrats brother! 

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    11y

    @Joseph Stricker

     Hi and welcome to BiggerPockets! It’s a great place to learn more about investing and meet the people you want to meet. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

  • Ringgold, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    @Josh Ledbetter thank you for the greeting.  Ooltewah is a HOT area for development right now!

    @Larry Fried  Thank you for the pointers!

  • Ringgold, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    @Josh Ledbetter thank you for the greeting.  Ooltewah is a HOT area for development right now!

    @Larry Fried  Thank you for the pointers

  • Rental Property Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2011 · 82 posts · 51 votes
    11y
    In Chattanooga also. Let me know how I can help.
  • Investor & Wholesaler · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 14 votes
    11y

    please feel free to reach out! 

    take care, 

     -Luke 

  • Ringgold, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    @Thomas DeMoss  Thank you for offering your support.   My first step is to ingest all of the "starter" information on this wonderful platform that my mind can handle.  I look forward to meeting you and Josh in person some time.

  • Mike WilliamsPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Dalton, GA · Member since 2010 · 244 posts · 35 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP and Chattanooga. I exclusively work Whitfield County, just south of you. If you decide to invest this direction, give me a shout, happy to buy you a cup of coffee and help you get a feel for what's available here.

  • Ringgold, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Luke, Mike, I will do that!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets @Joseph Stricker

  • Real Estate Investor · OR · Member since 2012 · 390 posts · 133 votes
    11y

    Hi @Joseph Stricker    and welcome to BP! It will be even better than you can imagine here. I have made so many wonderful friends and business partners here on BP.

    Chattanooga, Ringgold and all the surrounding areas are great investing farms for me I love that area so much I decided to move there soon ;-)

    There are so many exciting times ahead for you! I am happy to help in any way possible. Call me to chat any time ;-)

    Best of Success to you

  • Ringgold, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the welcome, Dmitriy! 

    Melodee, I love the area. The only thing missing is warm, sandy, ocean beach.

  • Contractor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2014 · 317 posts · 181 votes
    11y

    Nice work @Joseph Stricker! Just make sure to note the cities you are interested in when posting so the people who invest & work around there get the keyword alerts.  Exciting times man.. glad to have you aboard.

  • Bay Shore, NY · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    I am just getting started as well in Tennessee, I am about two hours away in Nashville. Will be moving from New York in August. I have a close friend in Chattanooga and spend a lot of time there. Maybe we can get together in the coming months.

  • Ringgold, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Jared, thank you for the advice.

    Greg, we definitely need to do that! I look forward to it!

  • Real Estate Investor · OR · Member since 2012 · 390 posts · 133 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Joseph Stricker:

    Thanks for the welcome, Dmitriy! 

    Melodee, I love the area. The only thing missing is warm, sandy, ocean beach.

     lol, yes, very true. But see, when you have your own biz you can take time off to one of the lovely beaches not too far away. There are so many lovely lakes, rivers and streams I think I will still have my water fix satisfied ;-)

  • Ringgold, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Melodee, the mountains and waterfalls are awesome! Not to mention Chattanooga is a beautiful city!

  • Investor · Brentwood, TN · Member since 2015 · 140 posts · 39 votes
    11y

    welcome @Joseph Stricker !

    Love Chattanooga!  

    Have two daughters at UTC and bought our first investment property there, a downtown condo!  Paid too much, but it's hard to pay too much for a perfect location!  Posted it on CL and Postlet and got 12 inquiries in 10 days!  Chattanooga is a great town.

  • Ringgold, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Thank you @Tom Shephard

    Many of those downtown condos are super nice!  It wouldn't surprise me for someone to get massive response for them.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.