New Member Jacksonville, Florida 32256 South Side Area

New Member Jacksonville, Florida 32256 South Side Area

Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 2 votes

Hi everybody! I'm located in the Jacksonville, FL South Side area close to the St. Johns town center. I found BP via their podcast which i have been listening to for a few months and find it very educational. I finally signed up here and read through the beginners guide (great stuff) . I was in the finance industry dealing with the stock market but it was soul crushing so i decided to make a career change. I wanted a more flexible schedule to spend more time with my wife and baby girl. My current plan is to get my real estate license...about 60% through the study materials. And I am doing the REI education in parallel since they are related. I have already joined my local REIA about 2 months ago which has been a great investment. I have already deepened my knowledge there and met some great people. Getting around like minded people is a great thing to do.

We have two rental properties currently, single family townhouses, in the local area. So been in the REI world for about 3 yrs now. One under prop management and the other I am taking care of. Been casually studying it for easily 15 yrs but never took action. We want to expand our portfolio so one day it will cover our expenses. I intend to learn as much as possible and share my experiences here so it can help future investors. That is another reason I want to be and agent also because I will be immersed in the industry. If anyone is in my area and wants to get together and talk shop let me know.

Tanner

1Reply
16 views

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome @Tanner M. it’s good to have you here!

  • Professional · Davenport, FL · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    maybe someday as I am in the Orlando area a bit of a hike but at least the same state..

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Tanner M.

    BP is full of useful resources such as forums and blogs. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”

  • Real Estate Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 474 posts · 214 votes
    11y

    Welcome, Tanner. There is a meetup.com group called Real Estate Masterminds Group. The monthly meeting is free and an excellent way to network with people of all sorts in the industry. Hope you make it out some time!

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @maxwell lee Thanks I will look into that. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 252 posts · 132 votes
    11y

    @Tanner M.

    Welcome aboard!  Keep checking out the website.  There is so much to learn here, it will keep you busy.

    What zips are you interested in looking at in town?

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Haven't gotten that specific yet.  Both my current rentals are in the same neighborhood 32216.  I'm open on zips, just don't want to not have to worry about my safety if I had to go there at night. 

  • FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 357 votes
    11y

    @Tanner M.,

    To Make the @ work do the following:

    Hold down the shift key and type the following: @?

    Look below this Window, and you will see a list of list of names of people who have posted in this thread.

    Click on the name of the person that you want notified via an email that you responded to them.

    If you are a Colleague with anyone that has not posted in this thread, and you want them to see your post, hold down the shift key, and type the @ and the first 4 letters of the first or last name.

    Look below this Window, and click on your Colleague's name.

    They will be notified via an email about your post in this thread.

    Raymond

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Great!  That works!

    Thanks @Raymond B.

  • Investor · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    11y

    welcome to bp @Tanner M.

    sounds like you are going in the right direction 
    keep reading 
    good luck

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Mark Brogan

     Thanks and that is my plan. 

    @Account Closed

    If the deal is right I am open to both.  Some people love the multi-units and some don't. My mind is a sponge so I am soaking it all in.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    Welcome Tanner.  Perhaps we can meet for coffee and talk real estate whenever you have some free time.  St Johns Town Center works for me.

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Joe Glick

     Sounds great! I really enjoy bouncing ideas off other minds. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.