Other Investors · Dubai, UAE · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote
Hello to the BP Community! My name is Mishal and I am a real estate agent in Dubai, UAE. Having recently graduated with a BCom. degree (specialisation: real estate) from University of British Columbia, I moved to Dubai to start my career as a real estate agent.
I joined BP to grow my network and provide information about Dubai and its dynamic real estate market to potential investors looking to diversify and invest in other real estate markets.
Having lived in cities with major real estate markets such as Los Angeles, San Fransisco, and Vancouver and having a family background in real estate, I've always been interested in this industry. I'm still learning to navigate this site and hope to answer any questions you have about Dubai and the market here.
Welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is full of resources. You will find resources here from blogs to pod casts and forums. You can also send messages to members which is my favorite part of the website.
Welcome to BP. That sounds great. I'd love to hear more about the market in Dubai. Essentially what kind of cap rates can investors expect from 6+ unit rentals there?
However, this site thrives on interactions and as such we encourage two way exchanges and look forward to educational and thought provoking ideas relevant to REI.
Commercial Real Estate Broker · Houston , Texas., TX · Member since 2008 · 7 posts · 0 votes
10y
hello to all I am also in a bit of international real estate , I will have a property in Dubai soon maybe this week , let me know if you have interest thank you shyda
Dubai , Dubai · Member since 2015 · 82 posts · 18 votes
10y
@Mishal K. Welcome to BiggerPockets! (although it's been almost a year now)
@Damon Bodine to answer your question, the cap rates are in the range of 7% to 10% depending on the location within Dubai and the type of property. The smaller the unit the higher the rental yield is. Studios and 1 bedroom apartments in locations like International City and Discovery Gardens have a potential of 10 cap.
Locations like Dubai Investment Park (DIP), Jumeira Village Circle (JVC), Rem Raam, and other communities around the new DWC airport have great appreciation potential.
Currently there are two metro lines in Dubai. Needless to say, the properties along the metro line have a higher demand.
Dubai has won the opportunity to host Expo 2020. Infrastructure is being built to cater to the 6 month long event and the resultant potential population growth.
Improving infrastructure, short term (4 to 5 years) growth potential, tax free income, currency being pegged to the dollar, are some of the pros of investing in Dubai. Cons include transient population, risks of changing laws, and some shady real estate agents.
Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 152 posts · 44 votes
9y
@Mishal K Welcome to BP! It's great to have resident expert on a market as intriguing as Dubai. I know it's a popular tourist destination and lots of large corporations have opened offices there to boost the city's economy. What's the average days on market for properties there? Which neighborhoods should be avoided by investors?