Carl Fischer, CamaMan, New member intro-Florida and Philly area

3 Replies

I was born in NJ-Carl Fischer- and raised in Ft Lauderdale. I learned from my parents and grand parents at a young age, about real estate and mail box money. I earned my engineering degree form Cornell University and launched rockets at Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral AFS for 19 years.  I purchased my first piece of real estate in 1979 , developed it and still own it today. I bought it with owner financing as I had no credit and college bills to pay. My predominate strategy has been a "Buy and Hold" and I prefer commercial real estate to residential.  I have developed, built and owned many types of properties including apartment buildings, warehouses, retail, office, multifamily and single family properties. 

I have owned real estate in multiple states including FL, NY, NJ, PA, WI, TX, & NC. My biggest contribution to the business was the introduction of self directed IRAs and the tax free income associated with the real estate assets. I liked real estate IRAs so much that I founded CamaPlan, with my sister Maggie, a national self directed IRA company. I am a huge believer in the Roth IRAs, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), and Coverdell Educational Savings Accounts (CESA). I have owned and operated a construction company, a property management company, and a mortgage broker company as well.

I want to improve my real estate business with the use of technologies to minimize cost and maximize efficiency thus increasing my free time.  I am working to move as much income as possible to be tax free for my life as well as my grand-children.  I like the fact that passive income will provide retirement needs, health insurance, and education for family members.  I like the income produced from  real estate and the financial freedom it has and continues to provide me.

My primary residence is in Florida however, I spend a lot of time in the Northeast with an apartment outside Philly. I look forward to working with the bigger pockets community to better understand new trends and identifying dinosaur strategies. 

Welcome to BiggerPockets Carl! I'm sure you will find many resources and connections that will help you further your goals. I'd love to hear more about your company, CamaPlan. May I send you a connection request?

-Lynn

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you