New Member Intro - Jersey City, NJ stand up!

New Member Intro - Jersey City, NJ stand up!

Creative Problem Solver · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 5 votes

Hello BP!

I'm Allen from Jersey City, NJ, and I have done zero deals as of yet. I've been passively perusing posts and podcasts for the past few months. Although I've been to plenty of REIA meetings, I need to start interacting here on BP as well!

I'm on the hunt for multi-family residential (nothing over 5 units) properties in Jersey City. The primary goal is to househack the 1st deal to gain firsthand landlording and property management experience; then refi out and repeat.

I'd love to have positive cashflow from the get go. Given the current state of the this market makes it challenging (anyone else waiting for the market to turn?) I work in JC and can't tolerate time wasted in commuter traffic, so I'm doing my best to avoid investing elsewhere for now. Plus, I grew up here so that's a bit of a competitive advantage. I look forward to being  a part of this community and sharing your ups and downs in real estate investing!

-Allen

1Reply
10 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Parsippany NJ · Member since 2010 · 128 posts · 47 votes
    11y

    @Allen C. Welcome aboard! You'll find quite a few helpful people here that are right in your back yard. If you haven't already, it's a good idea to set up a keyword alert for Jersey City to keep up with what's happening. Feel free to message me if I can help you out with anything!

  • Rental Property Investor · Northeast PA · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP. It's nice to see investors from my area. I suggest you look up NJ REI meetups to begin networking. The Jersey City market can be tough but there are great deals everywhere. Best of luck with your future investments!

  • Rental Property Investor · Bayonne, NJ · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP Allen, what you're goals are is what i am trying to do as well. Try listening to the Podcast and ask as much questions as possible.. See you around

  • Attorney · Rutherford, NJ · Member since 2015 · 132 posts · 168 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Allen C.! I live and invest primarily in Union City (just north of Jersey City). Happy to grab coffee or the like at some point in the future, and best of luck!

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Allen C.

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is full of resources. You will find resources here from blogs to pod casts and forums. You can also send messages to members. This is one of my favorite features of Bigger Pockets especially for asking specific questions.

  • Union City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Allen C.,

    Glad to meet you here on BP!  I am a real estate agent in Jersey City.  My team specializes in Downtown JC.  There are only a handful multi-fams available at any given time (inventory is so tight right now!), but if you let me know your search parameters I'll be on the look-out.  See you around BP and hope to meet you in person as well!

  • Creative Problem Solver · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Thank you all for the warm welcome. Looking to meet all of you in person in the near future!

    @Tim Booz - Thanks for the keyword tip. I got 'jersey city' and 'multifamily' on alert.

    @Nelson M. - I attend a couple of REIA's and meetups. Message me which ones you attend, we've probably cross paths but never noticed.

    @Michael Durand - Good to know you're on the same path! See you around.

    @John Errico - I'm frequently in North Bergen, right next to Union City! I will certainly take you up on that soon.

    @Ashley Lesieur- I'm not even touching downtown JC, way too hot! But thanks for offering to help, hope to meet you in person as well!

    By the way if anyone is in need of an architect or contractor, I can recommend you one.

    @Ashley Lesieur

  • Rental Property Investor · Mineola, NY · Member since 2014 · 838 posts · 212 votes
    11y

    @Allen C. I love you idea!! I love Jersey City also, and been aggressively looking for properties there. 

    Welcome to BP

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.