South-African newbie learning the ropes in Charlotte, NC

South-African newbie learning the ropes in Charlotte, NC

Project Manager / Inspector / Acquisitions · FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes

Hi there, my name is Christo Steinmann, originally from South Africa but I've been in the United States for 15 years. I have been in all the beginning phases of real estate, from getting a job to go and change all the locks/draw floor plans on new properties to representing investors at county auctions and sourcing deals for clients through MLS and off market opportunities. It all started in Florida but my beautiful wife and I recently moved to Charlotte, North Carolina and I can't believe we didn't move here sooner! The people are so friendly and this place is awesome!

So two days ago I finally figured out what podcasts are and how they work (I know I know) and the first one I downloaded was bigger pockets.  I am absolutely hooked on the knowledge that is shared through this community and look forward in growing my real estate career in North Carolina while being a part of this amazing family!! 

My goal is to learn and grow within real estate so I can support my soon to be small family while working as hard as I want to go as far as I want.

0Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

SC · Member since 2014 · 303 posts · 183 votes
11y

Welcome to BP from a fellow Charlottean @Christo Steinmann!

I've found that the podcast is perfect for dealing with our lovely Charlotte traffic!

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 880 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP @Christo Steinmann

    The podcasts are the best! Everyone rags on Josh and Brandon for their bad jokes, but so much great info! 

  • Project Manager / Inspector / Acquisitions · FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thank you for the welcome Matt!

    The podcasts are AWESOME indeed, I cant stop listening to them. I agree, Josh and Brandon make some funny ones, I especially like their approach and how they pin point a guest on a topic the guest mentioned that they know may not make sense to their listeners... GOLD

  • Maastricht , Limburg · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    Hey Christo. I actually look forward to my commute thanks to the podcast! Hope things go well for you within the real estate arena in the States!
  • Pelham, NC · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 54 votes
    11y

    Welcome Christo!

    You can, definitely, learn a lot here from, really, knowledgeable people. 

    Much success to you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Lekka oke!

    Welcome! Always nice to have a fellow South African on here. I'm in Nashville, TN now but originally from Jo'burg.

    Wish you much success in your ventures.

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Christo Steinmann

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Make sure to check out all the informative podcasts.

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 19 votes
    11y

    Hello Christo and welcome,

    I too moved to Charlotte just over 4 years ago after being born and raised in Florida.  I feel the same exact way you do and have no desire to leave this area.  It's a great place to live and work and raise a family.  Podcast are great for learning and I listen to many on a daily basis.  Best of luck to you here in Charlotte and those awesome real estate deals!

    Deb

  • Project Manager / Inspector / Acquisitions · FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Craig Haywood:

    Hey Christo. I actually look forward to my commute thanks to the podcast! Hope things go well for you within the real estate arena in the States!

     You speak the truth Craig!, I do A LOT of miles a month in my truck and just like you, I'm actually genuinely excited to get in there and turn the podcast to Better Pockets IMMEDIATELY. It's like having a library at my disposal..

  • Project Manager / Inspector / Acquisitions · FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jay Johnson:

    Welcome Christo!

    You can, definitely, learn a lot here from, really, knowledgeable people. 

    Much success to you!

    Jay, I thank you for your welcome. The knowledge and different aspects of real estate shared on their podcast is something I have been waiting for... FINALLY!    Same to you, MUCH SUCCESS!

  • Project Manager / Inspector / Acquisitions · FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Luka Milicevic:

    Lekka oke!

    Welcome! Always nice to have a fellow South African on here. I'm in Nashville, TN now but originally from Jo'burg.

    Wish you much success in your ventures.

    HOWZIT Luka! LEKKE om jou hier te sien!! Small world ek sê, I'm from Roodepoort then to P.E. then jumped to this side of the pond. Dankie man, same to you, MUCH SUCCESS!!

  • Project Manager / Inspector / Acquisitions · FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Mark Nolan:

    @Christo Steinmann

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Make sure to check out all the informative podcasts.

     Mark thank you for the welcome. The podcasts are obsorbing every second of my time while driving -I'm still wrapping my head around the vastness of this website and its knowledge.

  • Project Manager / Inspector / Acquisitions · FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Deb Jones:

    Hello Christo and welcome,

    I too moved to Charlotte just over 4 years ago after being born and raised in Florida.  I feel the same exact way you do and have no desire to leave this area.  It's a great place to live and work and raise a family.  Podcast are great for learning and I listen to many on a daily basis.  Best of luck to you here in Charlotte and those awesome real estate deals!

    Deb

     Hello hello Deb,

    Thank you for your welcome as well!, the information and support from this community is amazing!! You are so right, NC is a GREAT place and both my wife and I can't wait to grow our family here. These podcasts are a entirely new thing to me, BiggerPockets podcast IS WHERE ITS AT!!  Same to you Deb, much success to you.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP Christo.

  • Maastricht , Limburg · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    Haha I did it the other way round Luka Milicevic Christo Steinmann , P.E, JHB now Netherlands! Enjoy the day okes
  • Realtor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 935 posts · 467 votes
    11y

    @Christo Steinmann welcome to BP and NC, yall. 

    I would encourage you to check out the two REIAs in the Charlotte area as well as the multiple "meetups" that happen almost daily. You will meet like minded local investors that you can network with. 

    What area of RE investing do you anticipate participating in ? 

  • SC · Member since 2014 · 303 posts · 183 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP from a fellow Charlottean @Christo Steinmann!

    I've found that the podcast is perfect for dealing with our lovely Charlotte traffic!

  • Project Manager / Inspector / Acquisitions · FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @James Wise Thank you for the WELCOME my friend! Looking forward in getting to know this website. Happy Friday.

  • Project Manager / Inspector / Acquisitions · FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Craig Haywood nice to see another one on here!, Hope all is well in the Netherlands and thanks for the welcome tjom!

  • Project Manager / Inspector / Acquisitions · FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Don Harris Thank you for the tip! I am definitely going to get involved with the "meetups" and REIAs -looking forward in networking with all the locals who share the same interests in real estate! At this time I am curious to learn more and eager to get into leased-residential and multi-family residential properties. 

  • Project Manager / Inspector / Acquisitions · FL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Dave Hurt thanks for the WELCOME my friend!, I couldn't agree more, the podcasts are priceless while dealing with our awesome traffic.  ... in a weird way I cant wait to get stuck in traffic some times..

  • Real Estate Broker · Durham, NC · Member since 2014 · 236 posts · 168 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Christo Steinmann!

    I lived in Charlotte briefly last year and was just there for a conference a few weeks ago.  What part of the city are you in? So glad to hear that you are loving the move! 

    All the resources on BP are incredible.  You're sure to learn a lot here! 

    Best of luck to you! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.