• Real Estate Agent
  • Snohomish, WA
Votes |
Aspiring investor who is graduating

Ryan Jones
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Snohomish, WA
Posted Nov 25 2015, 00:29

Hi everyone, it's great to be here on the forum. I would like some advice on my best moves early on in my investment track. As a student coming out of school I have amassed around 40k in student loan debt. I have a potential career as a sales engineer for a few different companies I am interviewing for which should provide around 60k+/yr starting out. I also have a house for sale in Arkansas which should fetch around 150k before closing, taxes, and all that. I live in the bay area of California so investing here isn't really an option outside of owning a house for myself to live in.

What I would like to know is:

1)What is my best strategy to invest in an income property or properties after my house sells? (I was looking around the Austin area for multifamily homes that I could buy outright since I have student loan debt and not the best credit score, it's around 615 atm)

2)What should be my plan to invest in other properties once I find my first one to build passive income and pay off my student loan debt?

3)What should be my timeline to grow my passive income to where I can retire by say age 40? (I am 25 right now)

I appreciate any advice and hope to connect with more people on here to grow my net worth. Please feel free to suggest areas where I may be able to buy 2 or 3 investment properties as I will be looking around the middle of next year. Thanks for the help and happy early Thanksgiving to all those that celebrate!

Loading replies...