How do i get started

8 Replies

Hi, my names Donte and I am from Virginia. 

I am writing to get some helpful tips on how to get started investing with no money. I've been trying to start my real estate investing for about two years and haven't been able to put aside extra cash to get started. I need help. What are some of the easiest ways to get started with little to no money?

Originally posted by @Donte Clark :

Hi, my names Donte and I am from Virginia. 

I am writing to get some helpful tips on how to get started investing with no money. I've been trying to start my real estate investing for about two years and haven't been able to put aside extra cash to get started. I need help. What are some of the easiest ways to get started with little to no money?

Hello and welcome!  I am 59 years old and I found BP about 4 months ago and I am still learning.  There are several ways for you to get by with very little money.  One way is to find a cash wealthy partner or you can get owner financing if you build a good relationship that takes a few calls.  You can find a Hard Money Lender.  Some of something can be better than nothing.  You will probably have to split the profit with a partner. I got a business degree From college with an emphasis in real estate.  I got that degree and a broker license in 1980.  Regardless of that degree and a broker license I felt more comfortable with the construction business.  I was involved with the construction business since I was 17.  If you think I can help you on anything please contact me at any time.  Good luck!

Read this book and it will answer your question on investing with no or low money down:

http://get.biggerpockets.com/nomoneydown/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=books

HI and Welcome, Use the search function in the upper right hand corner. You can search for "no money down" and come up with thousands of results from forum topics, podcast and blogs. Good Luck

The first thing is get your spending in order. If you do not have the foundation to save in your personal finances. You will not be able to be self-employed for the long haul. 

Their is a lot of doing without that requires self disicipline. Setting priorties for long distance goals. If you can not save any money in 2 years you will fall into the trap of what a lot of people here and on tv will tell you about no money. Which is different from not using your own money.

I know the difference. Since I do not use my money, but I could. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you