Derek Foster - Real Estate Investor Upstate NY

Derek Foster - Real Estate Investor Upstate NY

Investor · Clifton Park, NY · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 2 votes

Hi all,

My name is Derek Foster and I am the President of Daigle Cleaning Systems, Inc. based out of Clifton Park, New York. We have been in business four years and now have 30 employees, my Mom and I are partners in the business.

I have always had a love for real estate since I was younger. The entrepreneurial spirit of my Grandfather, now a retired homebuilder, inspired me to first start my own company and now to pursue real estate.

My next venture is going to be a residential/ commercial rental and development company with a built in property management staff who will supervise and manage the units. We already have the cleaning company in place to take care of the units upon tenant turnover and to maintain the building common areas. 

I am here to seek knowledge on how to borrow and receive financing for such a venture. It is difficult for a young business owner (27) to get conventional lenders to take me seriously in regards to lending for building and development since I have no proven track record and since as a business owner, I try to show less on my income taxes. My argument is that I have already have established a company that has survived four years and has doubled in revenue ad staff each year. In addition, I began the company with a $2k line of credit on a credit card and paid it back interest free in 6 months.

I would also like to establish connections and share resources with those that have already been down the path that I would like to begin walking down.

Thank you,

Derek

2Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Bay Shore, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 688 votes
10y

@Derek Foster

Welcome to the vibrant BP community. Your time here will be well spent.

Since you expressed an interest in multifamily deals, i added the below links for your review while waiting to establish connections as mentioned.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/09/how-to-buy-a-small-multifamily-property/ (How to buy a smail multifamily property)

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/11/16/how-to-choose-areas-multifamily-deals/ (Choosing multi-family deals)

Now that you have made the move, below are some links that will help with the navigation of the site.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/courses/a-beginners-introduction-to-real-estate-investing (video courses)

https://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing (Ultimate beginner's guide to REI)

Before your 1st purchase, please ensure you visit the below link for some tips.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/12/19/real-estate-investing-success-smart-tips/

REI books suggested by BPers

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/11/13/7-real-estate-books-beginner-investors/ (7 absolute must read books for beginner REIs)

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/14/best-real-estate-books/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=books (books recommended by BPers)

Simply, bone up on the areas that you need to expand knowledge in such as, Forums, Marketplace, Learn, Network, Analyze and Resources.

Feast on the Podcasts, #askbp Podcasts, blogs and webinars

Lastly, this site thrives on interactions and as such we encourage two way exchanges and look forward to educational, thought provoking ideas relevant to REI.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.