New-ish from Provo, UT

New-ish from Provo, UT

Provo, UT · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hi everyone,

My name is Chris and I'm a beginning investor originally from Idaho. I was born in NM, raised just outside of Boise, but now I live in Provo finishing up my MAcc degree at BYU. This summer I'll certify as a CPA in Utah and begin working for Deloitte in SLC. I'm an entrepreneur by nature and my degree has taught me to love my spreadsheets and property analysis. I just finished a few MBA classes on Real Estate Analysis and started as the TA for the course during this (my last!) semester. 

Currently, my wife and I are looking to purchase multifamily units (i.e. duplexes) and eventually get into more advanced commercial real estate. My dream is to purchase an apartment complex via owner or partnership financing.

I am looking for connections in Utah and would love to meet up and get lunch. I would love to shadow and assist other successful investors for the opportunity to learn outside of a text book. 

Cheers!

Chris

1Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2015 · 218 posts · 107 votes
10y

Welcome to BiggerPockets Chris! There are some great investors in the SLC areas so be sure to look into attending local REIAs in your area. I have made some awesome local connections and have learned a lot by making it to those meetings. My wife and I would also love to house hack a multifamily 2-4 unit complex with owner financing as a first investment. It's an excellent way to start off with a bang. 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Highland, UT · Member since 2015 · 407 posts · 272 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP sounds like you have a great plan ahead.

  • Pleasant Grove, UT · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Welcome, Chris!

  • Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2015 · 218 posts · 107 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets Chris! There are some great investors in the SLC areas so be sure to look into attending local REIAs in your area. I have made some awesome local connections and have learned a lot by making it to those meetings. My wife and I would also love to house hack a multifamily 2-4 unit complex with owner financing as a first investment. It's an excellent way to start off with a bang. 

  • Investor / Licensed Real Estate Agent · Provo, UT · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    Chris, I also live in Provo and would love to grab lunch some time.  We have similar goals!  Welcome to BP, I hope to meet you soon.

  • Rental Property Investor · Mineola, NY · Member since 2014 · 838 posts · 212 votes
    10y

    @Chris Childers Welcome to BiggerPockets!!! Love the ideas, go get em and take action. Think of going bigger before you start small. If you have any questions let me know, don't be scared by bigger deals, they are more scalable.

  • Investor · Lehi, UT · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Welcome! Congrats on half the battle, knowing what you want! Good luck on your endeavors. 

  • Jonna WeberPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    10y

    @Chris Childers - welcome from your old stomping grounds, Boise!  

  • Professional · Sandy, UT · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Chris, 

    BYU grad working in commercial real estate in SLC.  I work in acquisitions for a national multi-family operator.  Deloitte audits our funds  Looking for connections to eventually do deals in the coming years. 

    Let me know if you would like to grab lunch.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.