New Member in Kansas City, Missouri

New Member in Kansas City, Missouri

Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hello BP Community!

I am new to the website, but not to the notion of REI. My wife and I are looking to expand and build a real-estate portfolio of mid to long-term, cash flowing, multi-families and SFH's. I currently work as the accounts payable manager at an engineering company in Kansas City.

I received my business degree at UMKC, and have always had a passion for entrepreneurship. I’m currently reading The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner and am really enjoying it!

I look forward to interacting with many of you and intend on becoming an active member in the community as I learn more and continue on my own journey into real-estate investing. I’m excited to build positive, and mutually beneficial relationships her at BP. From what I have seen already the community here is awesome! 

1Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Jim GenisPro Member
Investor · Olathe, KS · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 58 votes
10y

@James EuDaly, welcome to BP! 

One thought off the top of my head: Your day job is extremely valuable as you get into RE investing. It looks great to a lender -- bank, hard money, or private -- if you decide to pursue financing of any kind.

While I know many people dream of dropping their day job to do RE investing full-time, I'd encourage you to leverage the credibility of your day job as you start to build cash flow and wealth. Search the BP forums for blogs and podcasts on this topic. Then build your own plan that's best for you.

Best of luck in the future!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @James EuDaly

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Consider sending messages to other members for specific guidance.

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thanks for the tip, I definitely will! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Applegate, OR · Member since 2012 · 177 posts · 51 votes
    10y

    Hey James! Thanks for introducing yourself. Welcome to the BP community. You will find an incredible amount of invaluable investing information on this site. Make sure to check out the latest blog posts and podcasts to further your knowledge. 

    Here's to your success!

  • Lenexa, KS · Member since 2015 · 206 posts · 53 votes
    10y
    Welcome! Jump into the podcasts, there's a lifetime of free education available in there!
  • Professional Services · Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2015 · 70 posts · 11 votes
    10y
    Welcome to BP! Have a great weekend!
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 30 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP!

  • Jim GenisPro Member
    Investor · Olathe, KS · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 58 votes
    10y

    @James EuDaly, welcome to BP! 

    One thought off the top of my head: Your day job is extremely valuable as you get into RE investing. It looks great to a lender -- bank, hard money, or private -- if you decide to pursue financing of any kind.

    While I know many people dream of dropping their day job to do RE investing full-time, I'd encourage you to leverage the credibility of your day job as you start to build cash flow and wealth. Search the BP forums for blogs and podcasts on this topic. Then build your own plan that's best for you.

    Best of luck in the future!

  • Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2012 · 397 posts · 187 votes
    10y

    Welcome @James EuDaly!

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    @Brandon Holley @Sean Edgar Good advice, I'm already several in and they contain some really valuable information! 

    @Jim Genis  Thank you for the suggestion, it is exactly what I plan on doing! I'm actually very lucky in that I love my day job. I'm planning on investing in real-estate as a part-time job to build financial independence for my wife and I. As I continue to advance in the engineering company, I will be able to advance my plans and portfolio of real-estate. 

    @Nathan Brooks @Drew Francis Thanks! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.