Ok, You've Signed Up for BiggerPockets.com . . . Now What?

68 Replies

This topic has been locked by an administrator.

Is there a tutorial or can someone offer advice on navigating the site? I am having trouble posting questions because of a lack of prior posts. Help meeee!!!

Jarred - No tutorial for posting . . . just read our forum rules and it spells it all out for you. In order to post in our Dealmaking or Marketplace sections, you need to first have x amount of posts. This is to ensure that those people who benefit by marketing or making deals from the site also first engage and give back to the community. I hope that helps.

Not really mentioned in the tutorial, and aside from dong the items listed, I believe it is super important to stay active on the site and do so consistently. This will enhance your learning experience and your continued activity will aid in meeting others and gaining exposure to do business with others.

My recommendation is to just pull up the forum page (all posts sorted by date) every day or two and go through the list for the last 24 hrs. You never know what topic might interest you. But you'll see some fascinating stuff. And its a good way to keep your options open to how you might want to proceed.

Just open the ones that catch your eye and keep reading.

@Will Barnard made a great suggestion about making it habit to post frequently. I'm sure I'm not the first person who was initially overwhelmed by the number of forums and some difficulty in finding topics that were relevant to my interests. Two things, in particular, helped me:

First, completing my profile forced me to get past some of the idiosyncrasies of the site and become more familiar with its technical aspects.

Second, I've developed the habit of spending some time Sunday mornings. I no longer subscribe to the Sunday LA Times, hence I have never stepped on an acorn while barefoot in order to retrieve and read BP.

Thanks for the info.

I guess I have read enough to get started. So I'll go over my profile one more time and then post my new member introduction.

Please be patient with the newbies.

- Kevin

Hi everyone,

I'm also new to BP. (rookie status ROCKS!)

I just go to the help section and just read all the Q and A, that way if I come across something I already know the answer. If I really can't find it, then ask for help :)  Just my $0.02  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here