Ok, You've Signed Up for BiggerPockets.com . . . Now What?

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Manteno, IL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y

My recommendation is to just pull up the forum page (all posts sorted by date) every day or two and go through the list for the last 24 hrs. You never know what topic might interest you. But you'll see some fascinating stuff. And its a good way to keep your options open to how you might want to proceed.

Just open the ones that catch your eye and keep reading.

16
Topic locked
See this reply in the discussion

68 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • FPO, AP · Member since 2015 · 120 posts · 19 votes
    11y

    I didn't know where to begin, so I did what comes naturally to me. I started at podcast one. I am still researching and educating myself. I will read this link as well. I will keep everyone updated. 

    Thanks Josh.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    I'm new
    0
    Topic locked
  • Flipper · Monrovia, CA · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 11 votes
    11y
    BPs podcast it the best educations and inspiration I've had in real estate. That may not hold much weight because I'm still a renter but I have shared this awesome site with anyone that brings up real estate. Thanks for creating and consistently improving the site.
    3
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    I am new to biggerpockets and I am very impressed by what I have seen so far, I am confident that this site will help to build my knowledge of real estate investing.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Caldwell, ID · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hello everyone, I am a newbie. I hope to connect with many of you soon.

    I just finished reading the UBG.  It was so informative.  I was keeping notes and writing down questions as I read through.  Most of the questions I came up with were answered in the next chapter or two. (And I'm sure I'll find many more answers in the recommended books and the other resources on the website) That was Great!.

    I Am interested in investing in a Multifamily unit and taking advantage in the FHA options and living on site. It is exciting and a little nerve wracking to anticipate my first investment property.

    Good luck to all the other newbies.

    Gabriela

    2
    Topic locked
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 114 votes
    11y

    Hi @Gabriela Anderson !

    Welcome to biggerpockets! Keep learning everything about real estate and wishing you all the best!

    1
    Topic locked
  • Caldwell, ID · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    thank you @Marlon Wilson

    I checked out your profile, congrats on your 50+. 

    I would also like to make money passively. 

    I'm excited to take the first in getting a multi-family unit. 

    I'm trying to decide on moving back to my home state (Oregon) our sitting here in Idaho where the real estate is cheaper. 

    Nice connecting with you.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Stockbridge, GA · Member since 2015 · 159 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    In my opinion once a new member joins the BP team, he/she should consider browsing through the site searching for tutorials and a host of resources to assist them with inquiries related to real estate.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Byron Bay, New South Wales · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks Joshua!

    0
    Topic locked
  • New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the tips! I am new and want to get started learning as much as I can. Very Helpful!! (it is a little overwhelming haha)

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Broker · Bowie, MD · Member since 2014 · 242 posts · 44 votes
    11y

    I've really enjoyed reading the posts posted here on this forum! Such great information on how to stay current in real estate, and I love the passion exuded by the newbies. I'll have to keep coming back to this post to be enlightened by the many faces and stories behind the excitement in the industry! Happy learning all and thanks for diving into such a great opportunity that is real estate!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Wholesaler · Springville, UT · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    I'm fairly new to the site but I've already seen the immediate benefits of asking questions, answering others, and reaching out. Within two weeks I met a realtor who has found a great first property for me and we are making an offer tomorrow. Just be active and get to know people. Magic ensues. 

    1
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Toms River, NJ · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    hello everyone  first post on this site ,I would like to thank everyone on this site for all the information and advice. reading as much as I can to get informed on the real estate game .playing catch up just so much information .bigger pockets thank you for all that you do.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Covington, GA · Member since 2015 · 99 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the post!  I just found this website yesterday, joined this morning, and now delving into it.  I'm very eager to get busy with it.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Brampton, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    thanks a lot!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Technical Analyst · Brandywine, MD · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    I am a new member, and I look forward to learning and meeting people with similar goals. Thanks for this post Joshua. 

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Santa Ana, CA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    Great info....new member here and looking to become a regular. :)

    0
    Topic locked
  • Oberlin, KS · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Hello everyone. Ok I have a question but not sure who to ask or where to ask. Ok so I am so new to all of this. I need some help on figuring out where or what would be the best place to start. I would like to start with something that could be easy to do and with no money just to get a foot in the door also would like to build my knowledge more. I just not for sure where to or what to start in so I can learn more about it and there are lots of career opportunities but just trying to figure out a very good baby step, I guess you can call it. Lol. 

    0
    Topic locked
  • Woodside, NY · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 9 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Will Barnard:

    Not really mentioned in the tutorial, and aside from dong the items listed, I believe it is super important to stay active on the site and do so consistently. This will enhance your learning experience and your continued activity will aid in meeting others and gaining exposure to do business with others.

     Definitely agree with this comment, Will. I've started on the site very recently and I wouldn't have learned as much as I did if i hadn't been consistently checking the forums and posting on different topics. It's a great site, but you really need to invest some time in it, in order to get the full experience. 

    0
    Topic locked
  • Papillion, NE · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    hi everyone this is Ron Weinand from papillion Nebraska I just recently signed up to become a member of BiggerPockets so this is all new to me I'm hoping to learn how to purchase rental property and be successful.

    1
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Evergreen Park, IL · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thank you for the great information in the post! Is there a coupon code for upgrading to Pro?

    0
    Topic locked
  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Happy to start my journey, thanks for the post!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    thanks for the post.. During work breaks i find myself reading more and more. My new Facebook.....i since deactived that page to focud more on my real estate education.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Investor · Caldwell, ID · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Josh Thank you for all the hard work that you and your team have done over the years to provide this and the many other things that BP has done I and my wife are looking forward to the many years of use of what you have put together here to further ours and many others education in the field of real estate investing. 

    3
    Topic locked
  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    So how do I post my introduction?  I don't see a "post" tab.

    0
    Topic locked