Apprentice or Project Manager - Charleston, SC

Apprentice or Project Manager - Charleston, SC

Charleston, SC · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Hello BP Community,

I am a young professional looking to get into the real estate investing world. As I have learned over the last few months, this world can be challenging and overwhelming to get started, so I wanted to reach out to this community directly. 

At this time, I work as a Project Manager for Underwriters Laboratories, where I have been working for the last three years to develop my skills across a wide range of programs and client interactions. Outside of my full time position, I thoroughly enjoy carpentry, renovation, and hands-on work. Growing up, I worked hand-in-hand with my father and grandfather constructing and building the house I grew up in, from the concrete slab all the way up to the shingles. Along the way, I was taught how to manage a construction project effectively and gained valuable experience I hope to take with me as I pursue what’s next in my career.

I'm currently looking for anyone seeking a part-time apprentice/project manger. I understand this may not be the path to a paycheck, but I’m really just looking for a learning experience and the opportunity to refine my skills. I pride myself on my ability to never overlook a detail, and I do not accept sub par results when I know excellence is the only option. I have the knowledge and language to speak with contractors and vendors to get each job done correctly, and most importantly, on budget and on time.

If you or anyone you know in the Charleston area is looking for a project manager or apprentice, please let me know how I can help you. Thank you to the BP community for taking the time to read my post and help in any way you can.

Thanks,

Britt Willingham

1Reply
10 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets Britt. Networking with local investors here https://www.biggerpockets.com/meet may help you out. Good luck and all the best

    BiggerPockets
  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    10y

    Hey @Britt Willingham, welcome to the site! Here are some good places to start: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet- find and connect with other BP members that are in your area.

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts - Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you.
    And, of course the
    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums - ask any question about real estate!
    See you around!

    BiggerPockets
  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the information and advice @Michael S.

  • Title Representative · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 57 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    so help am just starer 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.