New to the Lehigh Acres/ Ft. Myers Area

New to the Lehigh Acres/ Ft. Myers Area

Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 14 votes

Hello my name is Dimas and I have recently moved to beautiful SW Florida. I moved here from the Orlando Florida area, where I have one rental property. I am fairly new to Real Estate investing, and look forward to networking with talented people in my area. BiggerPockets is a great website and I have just read The book on Flipping Houses by J Scott. Great Book! I look forward to quickly learning everything about this industry. I am 100 percent dedicated on becoming very successful in this field, and obtaining my dreams. 

2Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Engineer · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 11 votes
10y

@dimas espejo  @john-michael Moreno  , I have been in this area for two years, developing new construction projects, right now I'm very interested in flipping houses and wholesales opportunities. Let's share information, contact me anytime for anything you need. Win win relations are the secret 

See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    welcome

  • Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    10y
    @Dimas Espejo welcome to the site. I'm down in Ft Lauderdale but I am very interested in that Fort Meyer and Cape Coral area. What are your plans? Have you been there long enough to get to know that area?
  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Thank you Kamil. There are a lot of nice houses in Cape Coral. I just can't stand the $3 toll to get over the bridge each time. Lol

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    @John-Michael Moreno I have only been here for about a month, so I still don't have a complete grasp on the market yet. From what I am seeing thus far, there are definitely some great opportunities for wholesailing and flipping as well. I start class next week for obtaining my Real Estate License and should have it by months end. Once I have access to the MLS and network a bit, I plan on starting to invest immediately. Maybe we can partner up?

  • Engineer · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    @dimas espejo  @john-michael Moreno  , I have been in this area for two years, developing new construction projects, right now I'm very interested in flipping houses and wholesales opportunities. Let's share information, contact me anytime for anything you need. Win win relations are the secret 

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2014 · 39 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    @Dimas Espejo Welcome to SW Florida, the toll is not so bad when you purchase a toll pass or try to plan your route into the Cape by taking care of business towards the North in Fort MYERS then heading into Cape over Hancock Bridge parkway from then on you can leave the Cape from any bridge no chair. 

    Let me know if I may assist with the MLS prior to your licensing as well with property management info. Have you looked into which office you will hang your license?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco Bay Area, CA · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 13 votes
    10y
    Welcome to the BP Community! I'm a RE investor in Ft. Myers. Let me know if you want to connect or have any questions. Best of luck in your future endeavors !
  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    @Alejandro Gibbs Thank you for your post. I completely agree with you, and thank you for the opportunity to network. Once my class is completed next week for my Real Estate license, I will definitely be able to better analyze the current market. I'm sure there are plenty of win-win opportunities out there for us. 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    @MarZia RiVera Thank you for your post, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for that knowledge on Cape Coral! I will definitely plan my routes there accordingly now. I'm looking forward to getting licensed and hitting the ground running. I have a burning desire to be successful in this business. I haven't discovered where I will hang my license as of yet. Are there certain offices that are better catered to Real Estate Investors?

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    @Charles Peralta Thank you very much for the welcome.  I would love to network, and discuss possible deals we could do together. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 11 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Dimas Espejo:

    @MarZia RiVera Thank you for your post, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for that knowledge on Cape Coral! I will definitely plan my routes there accordingly now. I'm looking forward to getting licensed and hitting the ground running. I have a burning desire to be successful in this business. I haven't discovered where I will hang my license as of yet. Are there certain offices that are better catered to Real Estate Investors?

     Marc Joseph Realty, Steelebridge Realty might fit the office type you are looking for. I am unsure if they are actively looking for agents right now. Just my 2 cents! Welcome to the area!!!

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    @Vance Olson Thank you so much for your knowledge and for welcoming me. I will definitely look into these agencies. Much appreciated.

  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP and SWFL! Let me know if you ever need some help

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    @Adam Bartomeo Thank you very much for your post. I will definitely reach out in the near future with some questions I am sure to have. Truly appreciated.

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 117 posts · 175 votes
    10y

    Anyone have an "investor friendly" title company in the Ft. Myers, Cape Coral area?  Looking for a company comfortable with Assignments and double closes. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    @Dimas Espejo welcome to BP and the SW FL area. Someone mentioned Steelbridge Realty. Jeff is a great guy and the head of our local REIA. www.SWFLreia.com. Come meet everyone, network, and join. Their next meeting is this coming Tuesday night. Info should be on the website. I am a HML, buy and hold investor, and agent in SW Florida. My main focus has been buy and hold investments in the area. It has proven to be rewarding and challenging:) Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2012 · 427 posts · 186 votes
    10y

    @Dimas Espejo Welcome to the area! It's a great place to invest!

  • Property Manager · Allen, TX · Member since 2015 · 190 posts · 160 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets! You'll find a ton of great info here.

  • Investor · Lehigh Acres, FL · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    @Dimas Espejo Welcome Dimas! I'm new here to the areas as well. I'm looking forward to going to the local REI events. It sounds like you have a good plan, looking forward to success.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.