I'm new here and what to know how to contact

4 Replies

Hello,

I'm new here and what to know how to contact each other with email and phone number without getting flagged on here. Still trying to figure Bigger Pockets out. Thank you for your insight and help ?

@Alfred Freeman

Welcome to BP, it's a great site.

That is great you do funding. The best way not to get flagged is not to spam. Jump into conversations and let people know how you can help them. Maybe your product isn't the best fit for someone and direct them to a colleague or someone else that could help them. 

If you have a website put it in your signature. That can help legitimize you as a member.

Don't forget to make keywords up so you know when someone is talking about your areas of interest.

When you want to tag someone in a post use the @ symbol and start to write their name. A box with their name will pop up and you should click on their name. It will turn blue, like your name did in this post.

When someone writes something you like, you can give them a vote for appreciation.

Good luck & remember

*DFTBA*

Don't Forget To Be Awesome 

Hello and welcome to BP!  Just stay clean and do not advertise here except on designated spa    ce on pro membership pages.  Educate yourself as much as possible to minimize mistakes that you will make.  It is my understanding that mistakes and fear are pretty normal.  Learn from your mistakes and turn any fear into a positive thing.  Just find an experienced Team member that will help you.  The main Team members are Attornies, Real Estate Agents, CPA's, Inspectors, and General Contractors are some of the main ones.  Do not try to do everything yourself.  Always do the numbers and try to look at the property before you close or at least have a clause that will allow you some time to look at the property and allow you to back out and not pay a penalty fee.  I could keep on going but the Podcasts, blogs, and forums will tell you most of what you need to know.

I am 59 years old and I found BP about 7 months ago and I am still trying to decide what to do.  I also went to college, which is not mandatory, and I got a degree in business and it emphasized real estate.  Since I was in Texas I qualified for getting a broker license.  Regardless of what I had I felt more comfortable with the construction business.  I have been in the construction industry since I was 17.  My father has been in real estate for about 40 years and he has taught me a little bit.  If you think I can help you please contact me through BP at any time.  Good luck!

Welcome to BiggerPockets, @Alfred Freeman .

The best way to generate business on BiggerPockets is to jump into the forums and provide information and value. Advertising or self promotion is NEVER allowed in the regular forums, and any posts like that will be removed.

When someone asks for information, feel free to share what you know - as long as you aren't offering your services.

As you post good information, other members will vote for your posts. As your post/vote count grows, you gain respect on the site, and business comes to you. 

Our Private Message system is set up to connect members, but if you solicit random people through they system it will ban you from sending any more messages. 

We do all this to keep information in, and spam and ads out. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you