• Scott Air Force Base, IL
Votes |
New member from Belleville Illinois

Tyler Williams
  • Scott Air Force Base, IL
Posted Jun 8 2016, 07:27

Good morning, all!

Who Am I?

My name is Tyler Williams; I'm 22 years old, and I'm an active duty military member stationed at Scott AFB, IL (right next to St. Louis, MO). I've lived all over the United States, to include Alaska, Florida, Delaware, New Mexico, Michigan, Texas, Washington, and Oklahoma. 

What Do I Do?

I'm a Boom Operator in the Air Force; Which is, when boiled down to it's simplest, a glorified flying gas station attendant.  I spend my days flying around refueling other aircraft in the sky to extend their time spent in the air. It can definitely be dangerous, but it's an extremely enjoyable and rewarding job.

My Real Estate Background

Unfortunately, my real estate background is nonexistent. I haven't purchased my first home yet. However, I plan to change that here by tapping into this wealth of knowledge and experienced investors. 

Where I'm Starting

I'm interested in starting out by buying a duplex in the area and house hacking, to get a taste of building passive income while I also build experience being a landlord. If I decide the landlord route is for me, I eventually plan to move into multifamily housing. If not, then I think I'd enjoy trying my hand at flipping houses. Granted I understand these aren't things that I can jump into tomorrow, more so goals to work towards.

Conclusion

I'm truly excited to be here, and I'm grateful be able to pick the brains of people who have already done what I'm looking to do. If you all have any suggestions, or comments feel free to leave them! I'm usually quick to respond. 

I'm looking forward to meeting, and working with you all!

-Tyler

To save you the time of googling, here's a short video of what I do:

Loading replies...