Broker / Investor from New York City

Broker / Investor from New York City

New York City, NY 路 Member since 2016 路 7 posts 路 3 votes

Greetings Bigger Pockets Community, 

I am Gwendolyn. I am a native New Yorker. I have strong southern roots in Alabama, North Carolina & Virginia. I am looking to relocate in the next 5 years. I travel quite a bit for business. I am on Bigger Pockets to learn how to turn my extensive contacts and vast experience in Insurance industry and ministry into a lucrative Real Estate empire one step at a time. My greatest desire is to help people while I am working on building my family's legacy. I know and believe that Investing is the way to go! I have interest in wholesaling, buy & holds and fix and flips. I look forward to making some mutually beneficial contacts and building long term relationships with like minded people seeking financial freedom, abundance and release from the "rat race". I am looking to be a good resource. I'm happy to be a part of this community. Let's connect & Let's talk馃槉

1Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor 路 Indianapolis, IN 路 Member since 2014 路 2k+ posts 路 601 votes
10y

Hi @Gwendolyn Watts , 

Welcome to BP! Glad you're here. The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Wholesaling and The Book on Flipping Houses are good places to start if you're looking for breakdowns of how the strategies work. All the best!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor 路 Indianapolis, IN 路 Member since 2014 路 2k+ posts 路 601 votes
    10y

    Hi @Gwendolyn Watts , 

    Welcome to BP! Glad you're here. The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Wholesaling and The Book on Flipping Houses are good places to start if you're looking for breakdowns of how the strategies work. All the best!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker 路 Birmingham, AL 路 Member since 2015 路 139 posts 路 43 votes
    10y

    Hey Gwendolyn,

    Welcome. If I can ever help, please reach out.

    Bryan

  • New York City, NY 路 Member since 2016 路 7 posts 路 3 votes
    10y

    Thanks. I appreciate you and will reach out. Saving your info...馃槉

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 High Point, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 276 posts 路 183 votes
    10y

    Welcome!

  • Professional 路 Carlsbad, CA 路 Member since 2012 路 12k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Gwendolyn Watts

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.  

  • Investor 路 Tuscaloosa, AL 路 Member since 2010 路 26 posts 路 18 votes
    10y

    Hi Gwendolyn,

    Welcome aboard.

    Ralph Taylor

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Lexington, NC 路 Member since 2016 路 29 posts 路 4 votes
    10y
    Welcome to BP! I like your enthusiasm! I am a native NYer living in NC for last 13 years now and love it here! Good luck as you grow your legacy!
  • Lender 路 Upper Chichester, PA 路 Member since 2016 路 143 posts 路 32 votes
    10y

    Hi Gwendolyn,

    Welcome to the BP Community and congrats on your wise investment!! It will be easy to see from the response you will get from your post that the members here are great. You will find an abundance of information on this site in many different forms like, webinars, forums, podcasts, articles, blogs, posts and books. So you can find your method that works for you. The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Wholesaling is a good book if you are looking to build some cash before moving into the fix & flip or buy & hold arenas. For fix & flips I would recommend the 2 books by John Scott titled "Flipping Houses" and "Estimating the Cost of Rehab". Now, if you choose the buy and hold for rentals then you should read Brandon Turners 2 books titled "Rental Property Investing" and "Managing Rental Properties". I would recommend picking one of them and learning as much as you can before jumping in blindly. Once you feel you have a comfort level of understanding then begin but, don't be afraid of making mistakes just make sure they are manageable. My next suggestion which maybe of bigger help is to find and join or attend a couple REIA meetings or groups, they are often your best source for contacts and to get a real time pulse of what is going on in your market area. I hope this information was helpful to you and if you have any questions or would like to talk about your investment plans please let me know I will help as much as I can.

    Have a Blessed Day & Good Luck on Your Real Estate Investing!!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.