Hello - New Investor in the Orlando, FL Area!

Hello - New Investor in the Orlando, FL Area!

Maitland, FL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 4 votes

Hello Everyone!

My name is Miranda Jung and I joined BiggerPockets recently as a new investor. I live in Orlando, Florida (Maitland) and looking to invest in the greater Orlando area. I currently work full-time as a Talent Acquisition Specialist, but am working to make real estate investing my next big step. I work alongside my boyfriend and we are primarily focused on buy and holds for multi-family properties (from duplexes to fifteen units). We have been actively educating ourselves by reading, listening to podcasts, analyzing deals, driving for dollars, and building relationships for guidance and future possible partnerships. We also joined our local REIA(CFRI), which has given us the starting foundation and resources to develop our knowledge and investment opportunities.

I look forward to this new adventure and all whom I may meet along the way.

Many Thanks!

Miranda

4Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Orlando Kissimmee, Daytona Beach & Cocoa Beach · Member since 2016 · 331 posts · 166 votes
10y

Welcome @Miranda Jung

If any renting assistance is needed, I will be glad to help

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Maitland, FL · Member since 2016 · 38 posts · 16 votes
    10y
    Welcome to BP Miranda Jung ! I'm sure you'll be successful in all your endeavors. Don't hesitate to ask questions, we are here to help.
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Chesterfield, MI · Member since 2016 · 94 posts · 35 votes
    10y
    Welcome Miranda! I haven't been a member very long but it's incredible how helpful BP is to growing your business. All the instructive information on the site and great contacts and interaction you receive by being on the forum. Having BP along with you is a great partnership. Good luck to you and your business growth!
  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome. You will find this site to be an excellent resource.

  • Property Manager · Orlando Kissimmee, Daytona Beach & Cocoa Beach · Member since 2016 · 331 posts · 166 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Miranda Jung

    If any renting assistance is needed, I will be glad to help

  • Stephanie P.Pro Member
    Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP.  If I can help with anything, please don't hesitate to ask. 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 780 votes
    10y

    Hi Miranda welcome to BP and mentioning that you are in Orlando. I too in Orlando and I recommend that you look into another REI investment group. It is called GOREIA. I my opinion it is better than CFRI especially for a new investor. They give lots of specific training in many facets of real estate and you can even take all day classes for a very reasonable price, unlike CFRI. FYI I am a wholesaler and help investors find good deals all over FLA.

    We are having our first ever Orlando BP meeting on Sept 28th at 6:30 PM at 439 Lake Howell Rd, Maitland FL 32751. This being our first group meeting is more of a social event to get to know everybody, but bring lots of biz cards if you will attend. Hope to see you there. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 128 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    Hello @Miranda Jung,

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets! 

    There is a lot of good resources on this website and the members are very helpful.  I look forward to reading your post as you venture into Real Estate.

    Good Luck

  • Wholesaler · Saint Augustine, FL · Member since 2016 · 328 posts · 98 votes
    10y
    Miranda Jung Welcome to the club and good luck in all you do! Stay engaged! It sounds like you're already well on your way!
  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2011 · 833 posts · 499 votes
    10y

    Hey @Miranda Jung, welcome to BP and the Central Florida investing community!

    Since you're new to the site, here are a few tips to help you get the most out of BP and kickstart your investing career:

    Start here. You'll get a wealth of REI knowledge and learn how to take full advantage of Bigger Pockets (including how to connect with other local investors).

    Listen to the podcasts , get active on the forums & set up key word alerts to be notified when people are discussing topics you're interested in.

    Check out the webinars, they are very informative, and there’s usually a new one every week.

    I wish you all the best!

    Hey @Account Closed, where is the meetup posted?  I'd like to attend!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    @Miranda Jung

    Welcome to the BP family! You came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 780 votes
    10y

    Here it the link to sign up for this meeting.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/35...

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Miranda Jung

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. The Bigger Pockets book store if full of great books: https://www.biggerpockets.com/store

  • Maitland, FL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Thank you everyone for your warm welcome and advice to jump start my investor path. There seems to be a supportive community here at BP and will definitely work to get more acquainted with all BP has to offer. 

    I will be attending the Maitland, FL BP Meet-Up with my boyfriend next Thursday. I hope to see some of you there!

  • Investor · Bushnell, FL · Member since 2016 · 456 posts · 224 votes
    10y

    welcome to BP 

    Congratulations on taking the best step in real estate investing and joining BP. I can tell you that for me joining BP has literally changed my life for the better by allowing me to connect with investors from all over, a few are even are willing to JV with me on some flips. It is definatly a exciting time in real estate and is getting more competive as the market is rebounding fast these last few months. My advice to you is do not hesitate to long iwhen you find a acceptable deal because it can be under contract fast if you blink to long .. Know what you want and go for it and don't look back only forward type of attitude. I wish you and your boyfriend only the best and I know tyou may love him but remember business is business also please remember to protect yourself and get partnership contracts to protect both you and him ( until you two get married that is ..hehehe ) just putting it up there because when it comes to protecting what is yours it's no laughing matter.

    That being said good luck and God Speed , 

    Michael Short 

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2008 · 551 posts · 159 votes
    10y

    @Miranda Jung welcome to Bigger Pockets. All the best to you in your journey. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 177 posts · 54 votes
    10y

    @Miranda Jung

    Welcome to the most informational real estate site you will ever use. Ever have a question, just post in the forum and it will be answered! Good luck in your investment journey and if I could ever help in any way, feel free to reach out. We do tons of off market and wholesale in the Orlando and surrounding areas. Investor/agents so we speak the lingo!

    Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.