Investor near Portland, Oregon

Investor near Portland, Oregon

Investor · OR · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes

Hi all! I'm pretty new to real estate investing, although I do own a small commercial building (it's literally an old house) and a tiny chunk of some big apartment complexes. I'm looking to start building my network, learn all that I can, and find deals not just in Oregon but potentially anywhere in the U.S. I'm looking at vacation rentals as well as small multifamily and single-family buy-and-hold, or possibly BRRRR.

Would consider going in on deals such as flips if you want to find the deal and do all the work and I would bring the cash. 

I own a software company related to the real estate industry so I have familiarity with property management, although I've never actually done it myself. 

Can't remember how I ended up on Bigger Pockets because I actually joined over a year ago, but lately I've been catching up by listening to a ton of the podcasts and getting inspired to get started.

1Reply
17 views

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bend, OR · Member since 2016 · 209 posts · 87 votes
    10y

    Hey @Scott R., welcome to biggerpockets! I am sure you will be able to find someone to partner with if you are willing to do the funding. Just make sure you do your due diligence with the deal for your own benefit. 

    Take care man, let me know if I can help at all.

    Chris Parrish

  • Member since 2016 · 161 posts · 31 votes
    10y
    Welcome Scott. I am also catching up on the podcasts. I am on 109 now. They are full of good info.
  • Investor · OR · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Chris Parrish, thanks! Believe me, I shall be one cautious investor... :-)

  • Investor · OR · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Kaz M., are you going in order? I'm just listening to a lot of the newer ones randomly but it's a serious education.

  • Member since 2016 · 161 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    @Scott R. yes as a matter of fact I am going in order. Going in order forces me to listen to everything they offer. Even if the title doesn't sound so appealing there is always some thing I can learn in an area that I may not have been interested in otherwise. It does take time though. I just listen during down times, commuting or in bed. 

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Scott R. excellent intro and good luck with your partnerships on the flips. You mentioned you have a real estate software company. What does the software do exactly? 

  • Investor · OR · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Joe Fairless Hey, Joe. Partnering on flips is just one possibility I'm open to, so we'll see what happens. I'm not personally interested in picking out cabinets and paint, hiring subcontractors, etc., which is why I was thinking about partnering.

    Our software is a bit like AppFolio but take out accounting and add an extremely powerful document-management system. Our clients are property management companies with 5 units up to 10,000. We focus on the rental documents/forms/notices, and we offer forms in various states or client custom forms. Track all the units, residents, work orders, reports, reminders, e-sign, online application, guest cards, unit inspections, screening interfaces, etc. There's a lot more to it than that, but I'm really trying not to push the business here on BP...check my profile if you want to link to the website or PM me.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    welcome

    recommend

    Rarebird  events  lots of good local folks there

    there is a BP meet up on the 11th that  @jrhinds is organizing.

    lots of good things happening in the PDX market although its uber competitive ( like all good markets)

    JLH

  • Investor · OR · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Hi @Jay Hinrichs Thanks! I've seen several of your posts...I'm coming to the BP meetup and trying to rearrange the schedule to do Rarebird, Thursday nights my wife is out and I'm usually on child duty here. :-)  But it sounds good enough to finally get a babysitter.

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 213 posts · 60 votes
    9y

    @Scott R.  

    Not doing flips really any more I have a couple new construction houses in the pipe line.. mostly rehabbing small multi unit..

    We have a property management company as well might be interesting to see what your software provides. 

  • Investor · OR · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Hi Derrick,

    I replied but they blocked my comment for self-promotion, even though it just pointed you to our site and mentioned what we do. Check my profile instead. Thanks!

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Scott R.

    Happy late welcome to Bigger Pockets. A great resource is the webinars section of the website. https://www.biggerpockets.com/proreplay

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.