New from Columbus, OH - Interested in Multi-Family homes

New from Columbus, OH - Interested in Multi-Family homes

Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 3 votes

Hello!  I am new to real estate investing and have set a goal for my first multi-family (owner occupied) by next summer 2017.

3Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Robert EllisBusiness Member
Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
Originally posted by @Brittany Menning:

Hello!  I am new to real estate investing and have set a goal for my first multi-family (owner occupied) by next summer 2017.

 Awesome Brittany! Best thing to do is to start looking at properties and driving past them. The most multi-family properties here in town are in 43201 (Parts of Italian Village, Parts of Victorian Village, OSU Campus), 43202 (OSU Campus and Old North), and 43206 (German Village, Schumacher Place, Merion Village, Nationwide Children's area). I'd encourage you to drive around in these areas as well as many others. Multifamily can be great for 1-4 units and you can get very favorable financing as an owner occupant. 

Good luck and welcome to the forums! I was just like you a few years ago buying my first multifamily property to live in. We are a local real estate team specializing in investment sales. Hope this helps you start!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marlon FongPro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Bridge City, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 367 votes
    9y

    Hey @Brittany Menning! Welcome and Good Luck! BP is a great place to learn and get assistance.

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Welcome @Brittany Menning. Good luck.

    I've got a beautiful duplex, in a good neighborhood that I'm planning on selling in the spring. Let's keep in touch. 

  • Pickerington, OH · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Hello, I'm also from Pickerington OH, still learning. Lets keep in touch.
  • Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 86 posts · 45 votes
    9y

    Welcome Brittany! 

    You look super young in your picture, so this is a great time to start! 

    Read through the forums and the podcasts here. There are some great ones.

    If you want to meet for coffee sometime to talk shop, just hit me up. I'm usually scheduled about 2 weeks out.

    Congratulations.

    Tristam Griffith

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Brittany Menning:

    Hello!  I am new to real estate investing and have set a goal for my first multi-family (owner occupied) by next summer 2017.

     Awesome Brittany! Best thing to do is to start looking at properties and driving past them. The most multi-family properties here in town are in 43201 (Parts of Italian Village, Parts of Victorian Village, OSU Campus), 43202 (OSU Campus and Old North), and 43206 (German Village, Schumacher Place, Merion Village, Nationwide Children's area). I'd encourage you to drive around in these areas as well as many others. Multifamily can be great for 1-4 units and you can get very favorable financing as an owner occupant. 

    Good luck and welcome to the forums! I was just like you a few years ago buying my first multifamily property to live in. We are a local real estate team specializing in investment sales. Hope this helps you start!

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 28 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Well To BP Brittany. I am also a newer investor in Columbus, but I have purchased 5 properties (units) in the past few months with a 6th in contract. All of these properties are in Xenia, but I do own a home in Columbus, that I house hacked to flip and sell soon. Previously I was in the mortgage industry as well, so let me know if you have any finance questions. Always happy to help. 

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Hey Brittany! Brian Person is a buddy of mine (and a darn good salesman) and we both used to work in real estate financing and we are both now in investing. I'm also glad to help out anyways I can. Always glad to connect with other investors in Columbus. Happy hunting! P.S. Brian Person on your 6th unit now? Nice!
  • Investor · Bellbrook, OH · Member since 2016 · 63 posts · 39 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP! My wife and I are about to close on our 1st investment property and it'll be an owner occupied duplex in Cedarville.  

    @Brian Person I connected w/ your dad on another post.  We currently live in Xenia and were looking around at various properties there as well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.