Newbie Wholesaler in the VaBeach/Norfolk area looking to Network

6 Replies

My name is Montego Germany, I'm from Dallas, TX. I was recently Honorably Discharged from the United States Navy after fulfilling my first enlistment. I am currently a student at Hyperlearning Technologies in VaBeach studying Information Technology Certifications. Thats a little bit about me anyways, I thought I'd take the leap into REI becuase its the perfect opportunity since leaving the Navy. I've been studying, articles, books, podcasting and videos for a little while now, and looking to get as much info as I can on wholesaling to jumpstart REI endeavor. I think the bigger pockets movement is a great thing, can't wait until I'm a pro member after a little bit of experience in REI. I haven't made my first deal yet but I've been networking a little everyday taking the necessary steps to take action and close my first deal. I'm an open book and looking to learn as much as possible, I'm all ears on any positive feedback. I am currently working on finding reliable cash buyers for my buyers list.

I'm a buyer for both flips and rentals. Wholesaling is really hard now though. Finding houses that have room for two investors is hard in this market. You still have your VA, right? How about using it to buy a 4 plex? You'd live in one unit and rent the others. Just a thought.

Actually @Patti Robertson I have thought of it. I know a 4 plex where a friend stays I did the numbers and it was a great way to create some income. Thank you for the feedback. I would definitely love to talk, I'm working on finding great deals in the Hampton Roads area. I'm very patient and selective with my deals. I would like to know my buyers preferences when considering great deals, wouldn't want to irritate with deals that don't interest you.

@Patti Robertson as of right now I'm only looking to wholesale, honestly if I had the money and a way I do rental properties so I would have a constant income, I want to put my all into wholesaling because of the endless options to make money without using your own or even owning a property

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you