Investor from Reading PA and Long Island NY

Investor from Reading PA and Long Island NY

Specialist · PA · Member since 2016 · 143 posts · 71 votes

Greetings Bigger Pockets Members,

I’m Steve Katyal from Reading, PA. Relocated to Reading, PA from Long Island, NY few years back for work. I frequently visit family in New Jersey and Long Island, NY

My primary occupation is Information Technology consultant. I’ve helped handful of Fortune 500 companies during my career. Before economic downturn, I owned/managed a profitable small Import business.

I’m also well versed Web Development, Website management and Website Marketing. Currently, support few folks in my network as a favor.

My Real Estate Experience:

I’ve closed on 2 properties: 1 for a family and 1 for friend. I’ve some experience with small Rentals and also been thru those tenants issues and have helped few folks with Loan Modifications, during the economic downturn. Use to have New York Real Estate license. Currently, I’m working on my NJ/PA Real Estate agent license and reading lots of forum posts and listening to podcasts.

Interests & Goals:

Currently shopping and ready to execute my first REI deal, I'm open to any type of Real Estate investment. Can partner up and also bring my business associates to help fund large investments.

To get started, I’m Interested in following areas. However, open other areas too for long term.

New Jersey: In Short term within next 6 months, Multi-family dwellings that are about 20-30 (No traffic) or mass transit commute to NYC. Long Term: Multi-family dwellings that are about 1 hr. away mass transit commute to NYC.

Pennsylvania (Reading, Lancaster, Philadelphia and around, Bethlehem, Hellertown, Allentown and surrounding areas) Multi-family dwellings

New York: In short term, I and partners are especially interested in deals on Long Island for Rentals and properties that need rehab. Long Term, 1.5 hour or less commuting distance from NYC.

My goal is to replace/multiply my current income with REI income.

Bigger Pockets:

I found BP website on search engine whileresearching/evaluating rentals in NewYork. Been here for almost 2 months it’s my first post. This is a great community and I thank the owners, founder @Joshua Dorkin and members for wealth of information.

Feel free to contact me if you want to team up or just meet up to network. Also, let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Thank you and all the best for 2017,

Steve Katyal

2Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Allentown, PA · Member since 2016 · 279 posts · 105 votes
9y

Welcome to the Party @Steve K.

There is a REI meetup Tuesday evening at the Keller Williams office in 2901 Emrick Blvd Bethlehem from 6:30-8:30. They usually get a good turnout of both new and seasoned investors.

I've had my eye on Reading for multis as well as the coal region further north (Pottsville, Lansford, Schuykill Haven, etc).  It looks like there may be some good value right in your neighborhood!  

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Delran, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 951 votes
    9y

    Welcome @Steve K.! You seem to have a very well-defined plan laid out that's a good start! Good luck to you!

  • Property Manager · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 515 posts · 196 votes
    9y

    Welcome!

  • Investor · Reading, PA · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hey @Steve K., Welcome. In Reading area if you need anything. Good luck..

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to the site @Steve K.

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Steve K.

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Make sure to read the Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

  • Specialist · PA · Member since 2016 · 143 posts · 71 votes
    9y

    I appreciate you all welcoming me to the forums. 

    @Josh Morales You're local. I would like to know what you Invest in? Please PM me. Also, are there Meet-ups in Reading Area or near by?

    Thank you @Odie Ayaga @Joe White; @James Wise, @Mark Nolan (The UBG is great!)

  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Good evening Steve,

    Welcome to the BP! Best place in the industry for information and networking. It sounds like you've got things pretty figured out as far as your goals. Now, the only thing left is to put your foot on the gas!

    Lets connect!

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Allentown, PA · Member since 2016 · 279 posts · 105 votes
    9y

    Welcome to the Party @Steve K.

    There is a REI meetup Tuesday evening at the Keller Williams office in 2901 Emrick Blvd Bethlehem from 6:30-8:30. They usually get a good turnout of both new and seasoned investors.

    I've had my eye on Reading for multis as well as the coal region further north (Pottsville, Lansford, Schuykill Haven, etc).  It looks like there may be some good value right in your neighborhood!  

  • Specialist · PA · Member since 2016 · 143 posts · 71 votes
    9y

    @John D. Thank you for the information. Is it every Tuesday? 

    Reading area is improving. I would buy today if numbers work out. Keep in touch!

  • Real Estate Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y
    Hello Steve I'm a Philly wholesaler always looking to fulfill buyers needs. I will keep an eye out for any multifams with good ROI.
  • Rental Property Investor · Allentown, PA · Member since 2016 · 279 posts · 105 votes
    9y

    @Steve K.  The Lehigh Valley meetup (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton) is the first Tuesday of every month.

    You can also check out Berks County Real Estate Investing Meetup as this will be more specific to Reading and nearby areas.  I haven't been to this one yet but plan to do so in the future.

  • Real Estate Agent · Wyckoff, NJ · Member since 2016 · 50 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    Welcome, @Steve K.! You have a well-defined plan of action, which is great. Having a good knowledge of North NJ market, I can suggest that now is a good time to start looking for an investment property. You will definitely find some great deals during the winter months. Good luck! And have a successful New 2017 Year!

    Olga

  • Rental Property Investor · Glen Rock, NJ · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Steve K.

    Welcome to BP! I like how you laid out the facts about yourself as well as your plans! Your IT background clearly speaks for itself! :) 

    I have similar interests in NJ area. Happy to chat with you. PM me at your convenience. 

  • Specialist · PA · Member since 2016 · 143 posts · 71 votes
    9y

    Thank you :) for praise @Alina Trigub Just added you and let's chat sometime. Looking to learn from you all. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.