I'm new here and i wanted to say hi!

I'm new here and i wanted to say hi!

Real Estate Investor · OKC · Member since 2016 · 70 posts · 36 votes

Hi, I have owned a single family rent house for the past 6 years and haven't done much more with real estate over those 6 years, and now I am looking to start to do build up my rental portfolio. My focus is single family 3 bed 2 bath. I just looked at a property today with my real estate agent that has a lot of potential. I am going to class later this month to get my real estate license. I also have 7 books on real estate I plan on finishing up this year for a refersher.  2 of which are @Brandon Turner 's books! which have been amazing! Super easy to read over lots of the othes that are somewhat wordy. 





Anyways just wanted to interduce myself. 

3Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 12 votes
9y

Welcome to BP! Good luck investing, this is the place to visit if you are looking for insight... I have a few of those books myself lol

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP! Good luck investing, this is the place to visit if you are looking for insight... I have a few of those books myself lol

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    Hey @Peter G. welcome and thanks for checking out the books!

  • Developer · Hobart, IN · Member since 2014 · 773 posts · 225 votes
    9y

    @Peter G. Welcome to the site! Congrats on your success this far. There is a ton of information on this site as well as connections. 

  • Real Estate Investor · OKC · Member since 2016 · 70 posts · 36 votes
    9y
    Brandon Turner I almost finished the first one the book on rental property investing. It's amazing thanks so much for writing it! I wanted to point out one error you may or may not be aware in the 16 tips for getting your offer accepted at the very start of that chapter it says 18 instead of 16. Not a big deal at all just thought I'd let you know it's there!
  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Peter G.

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. The Bigger Pockets book store if full of great books: https://www.biggerpockets.com/store

  • Real Estate Investor · OKC · Member since 2016 · 70 posts · 36 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @John Mathewson:

    @Peter G. Welcome to the site! Congrats on your success this far. There is a ton of information on this site as well as connections. 

     yep im ready to soak it up. 

    I am in love with the tip Brandon had on 2 bed 2 bath I used to pass those up completely but now ill keep my eyes open for a possible extra room. 


    I am going to throw out an offer for the house i think for 120k 20% -30% down and we will see what happens its valued at 137k based on the comps in the area.

  • Real Estate Investor · OKC · Member since 2016 · 70 posts · 36 votes
    9y

    @Brandon Turner It must be destiny my one rental I have now is on Brandon Place :P 

  • Realtor · Smyrna, TN 37167 · Member since 2013 · 248 posts · 147 votes
    9y

    Welcome, @Peter G., that's a great start to a real estate expert's library.  Let me suggest another by Gary Keller: The ONE Thing.  Keep reading and learning!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.