Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
Hello to all I have been lurking on bigger pockets for about 5 months, but never thought I should post cause I am relatively new and don't have much to offer. As a wise man once said: "it's better to be thought of as a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."
However I just listened to episode #222 with @Jay Hinrichs who by the way blew my mind with the timber business story. I am currently sitting on 10 acres and about to find someone to sell it to.
But I digress, Joshua Dorking and Brandon Turner were suggested to introduce our selves and start net working.
So here I am my name is George Kasaev and I am a fix and flipper with an interest in BRRRR. Hello to all.
Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2015 · 205 posts · 66 votes
9y
Hello @Georgui Kasaev ! I'm also here in Athens. Working on my first deal currently.
@Joel Snipes I think the Athens REIA is still alive but maybe in a bit of a reorganization phase. Reach out to @Ethan Atkinson. He runs the meet up I'm aware of. If you find another one let me know as I'm also interested in networking.
Dacula, GA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 6 votes
9y
@Brad E. Thanks for the tip. I'll reach out to Ethan and let you know if I learn of another group.
It looks like we have a fairly similar story. I am also a software developer and I am wrapping up my first live in flip here in Athens. Plan to hold it as a rental and potentially house hack a second home in a few months.
If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.
Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
9y
@Brad E. And @Joel Snipes thank you guys for reaching out. It seems we have all found the same REIA group and they are on a hiatus. Should we try and meet up for a drink in the absence of one?
Athens, GA · Member since 2013 · 26 posts · 6 votes
9y
@Brad E.@Joel Snipes@Georgui Kasaev I am also in the Athens area and would like to join you all if you meet up. My wife and I are relatively new to the business and would like to network. Please let me know when and where you all decide to meet. Tues-Fri after 6 works for me as long as I have enough time to schedule it ahead.
Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
9y
@Jonathan Malnati@Brad E.@Joel Snipes It would be awesome to meet up. Wednesdays work for me but only around 9 pm Blue sky or Allgood works. Tuesdays around would work better for me personally special from 5 pm on. I know that upstairs during the weekdays at Allgood is pretty quiet and if we grew into a big group they can accommodate.
I am out of town from the 6 until the 15th after that I am up for whenever is best for everyone.
Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2015 · 205 posts · 66 votes
9y
Seems like next week is out for Georgui. I am open the following week at the same times. I'm actually set to close on the duplex on 8/15 so if everything goes well I'll have something exciting to talk about :)
Investor · Hillsboro, TX · Member since 2017 · 358 posts · 245 votes
9y
I have been in the rentals since 2001. I have always dappled in Real Estate, but got serious in 2002. My two brothers was watching what I was doing with tax sale properties and wanted in. We formed a S-corp and let it build. We now have a nice base of rentals, We have some notes that we are owner financing, We also have done a few flips, and have several properties, mainly raw land for sale. Feel free to follow me or connect with me. I am always looking for someone to bounce ideas off of and let them do the same.
Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
9y
@Ron Flatt Thank you, I will send a request to connect right after this. That sounds like a solid portfolio. Are you investing mainly in Texas or are you investing in other markets as well?
@Joel Snipes This is starting to look like a healthy first-time group when you set the time and location don't forget to include @Sterling Cox in that message.
Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
9y
By the way, Just listened to the BP episode #221 with @Tim Shiner he mentioned a no money down in his area on the rural real estate have you guys heard of this? Do you have this in Texas @Ron Flatt ?
Does any one know if Athens has anything like that
Investor · Hillsboro, TX · Member since 2017 · 358 posts · 245 votes
9y
I have not listened to BP 221 yet, I am on 123, going thru each one. Usually no money down, is not your money down. I have always had to find money to put in the deal, sometimes it was borrowed or partner money.