New member introduction. In Athens GA.

New member introduction. In Athens GA.

Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes

Hello to all I have been lurking on bigger pockets for about 5 months, but never thought I should post cause I am relatively new and don't have much to offer. As a wise man once said: "it's better to be thought of as a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

However I just listened to episode #222 with @Jay Hinrichs who by the way blew my mind with the timber business story. I am currently sitting on 10 acres and about to find someone to sell it to. 

But I digress, Joshua Dorking and Brandon Turner were suggested to introduce our selves and start net working. 

So here I am my name is George Kasaev and I am a fix and flipper with an interest in BRRRR. Hello to all.

4Reply
170 views

Most Popular Reply

Dacula, GA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 6 votes
9y

Welcome George, 

I am also in Athens I am in the middle of my first BRRRR project myself.

Do you know of any active REIA groups around. I found one, but it seems to be dead



Joel

See this reply in the discussion

162 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2015 · 205 posts · 66 votes
    9y

    hey guys looks like 8/24 @ 6:30 works for 3 of us according to the poll.  If everybody is good with that then let's mark it down.

    @Joel Snipes 

    @Georgui Kasaev

    @Jonathan Malnati

    @Sterling Cox

  • Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 48 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Hi guys,

    Just signed in.

    I'm out of town, but my partner Erika will be there. I'll forward her the meetup time/place.

    Sorry I can't make this one, but I'm looking forward to more in the future.

    -Sterling

    @Joel Snipes

    @Georgui Kasaev

    @Jonathan Malnati

    @Sterling Cox

  • Dacula, GA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    I just added my dates late, sorry. I'll be out of town 8/18 - 8/27 but I'll catch the next time around if that is the final date.

  • Watkinsville, GA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I would also like to be included in this discussion as we too are starting our investing in Athens, GA. I'd be interested in knowing what types of investments each of you are looking in to. Knowing there are this many new investors in the same market can be a blessing and a burden. I think touching base with one another regularly can offer support, encouragement, and networking; a great way to keep it on the blessing end of the spectrum. 

  • Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 48 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    I wanted to add @Darius Johnson to this thread.

  • Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2015 · 205 posts · 66 votes
    9y

    Great. 

    Also adding @Myles Mierswa

    Guess we should keep the poll open a couple more days.

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    9y
    @Tiffany Wohlander welcome glad you found this thread. @Brad E. this is starting to look like a good group!
  • Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2015 · 205 posts · 66 votes
    9y

    @Georgui Kasaev I know man, I'm getting excited!  

    Hoping to nail a date this Sunday.  

  • Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Count me in as well! Looking forward to meeting you guys!

  • Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2015 · 205 posts · 66 votes
    9y

    Hey guys, looks like Thursday 8/24 @ 630 works for most folks so I think thats what we shoot for.  Hope to see everyone there.

  • Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    9y

    Thanks for the invite, Brad.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    9y
    @Myles Mierswa glad to make your acquaintance! @Brad E. so 8/24 at 6:30 at blue sky? or ALLGOOD? Their upstairs is pretty spacious.
  • Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2015 · 205 posts · 66 votes
    9y

    @Joel Snipes

    @Georgui Kasaev

    @Jonathan Malnati

    @Sterling Cox

    @Account Closed

    @Darius Johnson

    Hope I didnt miss tagging someone on the thread.

    Still planning on this for tomorrrow @ 6:30, upstairs at Blue Sky.  Hope to see you there.

  • Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2015 · 205 posts · 66 votes
    9y

    Adding @Charles Jones here as well in case he can make it. 

  • Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    I'm going to have to miss tomorrow guys, but I am certainly interested in future meet ups!  Sorry to bail, but please keep me in the loop going forward!

  • Real Estate Professional · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    9y
    Hey guys my name is Alex and I'm a partner of George's. I'll be at blue sky tonight as well. Can't wait to meet everyone. Brad it was good meeting you yesterday!
  • Watkinsville, GA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I've been battling a fever all day so I'm out for tonight. I'll also be out of town for a couple weeks but keep me in the loop. I'd love a synopsis of the meeting if anyone cares to put one together. Love to hear about Brad's closing! 

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    9y

    Our first meet went really well thank you for coming out guys. 

  • Gilian GegawinPro Member
    Virtual Assistant · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 236 posts · 38 votes
    9y

    @Georgui Kasaev  Hello, Georgui. Thank you very much for reaching out to the BiggerPockets community. It’s a good start towards successful deals. Congratulations and best of luck on your future endeavors. 

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    9y

    @Gilian Gegawin Thank you so much for your kind welcome. It seems you have a very useful job!

  • Investor · Watkinsville, GA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    9y

    I moved to Athens about a year ago. I'm closing on my first rental property next week.

    I hate that I missed the meet up but would love to join the group next time.

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    I'm also new to the Athens area and would love to get involved in the next meet up!

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    9y

    @Georgui Kasaev, welcome to BP and good luck. 

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    9y

    @Bill Hampton thank you so much 

  • Rental Property Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Hi all, below are the details for out next REIA. It is tomorrow!!!

    Hi All,

    Come join us this coming Tuesday, 9/19, at Chops & Hops in Watkinsville for the next REIA gathering! We'll kick off at 5:30pm.

    Agenda:

    - Networking

    - Haves & Wants

    - Speaker = TBD

    Address is: 2 S. Main St #112, Watkinsville, GA 30677

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.