New member introduction. In Athens GA.

New member introduction. In Athens GA.

Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes

Hello to all I have been lurking on bigger pockets for about 5 months, but never thought I should post cause I am relatively new and don't have much to offer. As a wise man once said: "it's better to be thought of as a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

However I just listened to episode #222 with @Jay Hinrichs who by the way blew my mind with the timber business story. I am currently sitting on 10 acres and about to find someone to sell it to. 

But I digress, Joshua Dorking and Brandon Turner were suggested to introduce our selves and start net working. 

So here I am my name is George Kasaev and I am a fix and flipper with an interest in BRRRR. Hello to all.

4Reply
182 views

Most Popular Reply

Dacula, GA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 6 votes
9y

Welcome George, 

I am also in Athens I am in the middle of my first BRRRR project myself.

Do you know of any active REIA groups around. I found one, but it seems to be dead



Joel

See this reply in the discussion

162 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Syrios Thanks a bunch. How is investing going for you? Do you invest strictly in Kansas and Missouri? Hope you have a great day! 

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Koob Moua For sure! Hope to see you there. Don't be shy and ask the barkeep if you can't seem to find us. 

  • Rental Property Investor · monroe, GA · Member since 2013 · 82 posts · 15 votes
    8y

    will do

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Georgui Kasaev:

    @Andrew Syrios Thanks a bunch. How is investing going for you? Do you invest strictly in Kansas and Missouri? Hope you have a great day! 

     It's going well, although it's getting harder to find good deals with the market being so hot. Pretty much all of what I buy is in KC, although I work with my dad who lives in Oregon and buys there and in Dallas with a different partner of his.

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Syrios I feel you on it being hard to find deals, we look to buy dilapidated buildings and people are asking for the market price for them ha ha. What is the primary way you go about searching for deals? We started with direct mailing but at with a price tag of $300 for 2 leads its a bit steep for us so we have adjusted our strategy. Also looking to start facebook advertising.  

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    edit

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    Just a reminder: meeting this 11/30/17 It the last Thursday of this month. At ALLGOOD Lounge 256 E Clayton St, Athens, GA 30601 at 6:30 PM. I will be upstairs, just ask the bartender for George and he will be able to point me out. Hope to see everyone there.

    @Koob Moua @Brad E.@Joel Snipes @Michael Blank @Account Closed

  • Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    @Georgui Kasaev thanks for the invite!  Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this week.  I will actually be in Greenville on Thursday finalizing a property for my first ever tenant to move in Friday!

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Georgui Kasaev:

    @Andrew Syrios I feel you on it being hard to find deals, we look to buy dilapidated buildings and people are asking for the market price for them ha ha. What is the primary way you go about searching for deals? We started with direct mailing but at with a price tag of $300 for 2 leads its a bit steep for us so we have adjusted our strategy. Also looking to start facebook advertising.  

    Luckily, we're not looking very hard right now as we are playing catch up from some large portfolio purchases we made. But the best luck we've had is through a few really good wholesalers that we've built a relationship with. We still occasionally find one on the MLS, but it's slim pickings. When we get into it again, we will probably start a mailing campaign or something like that.

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Josh Oden man that is so awesome! Congrats can't wait to hear more about it! If you'd like to share your win here is a forum post I started for people to share their stories https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/223/topics/494492-submit-your-win-in-athens-ga-real-estate

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Syrios glad to hear it, man. Wholesalers are great resources, we are still looking for the right wholesaler to drop into our lap. Well, good luck and let me know if I can assist you with moving your goals further. I do videography so please don't hesitate to ask me anything you'd like to know about real estate videos and ill do my best to help out. 

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Georgui Kasaev:

    @Andrew Syrios glad to hear it, man. Wholesalers are great resources, we are still looking for the right wholesaler to drop into our lap. Well, good luck and let me know if I can assist you with moving your goals further. I do videography so please don't hesitate to ask me anything you'd like to know about real estate videos and ill do my best to help out. 

    I'd recommend going to your local REIA, you'll find plenty of wholesalers there. Get on a bunch of lists, you should start seeing which ones are offering better deals. Once you can buy one or two, you should start getting put higher on their priority list. Good luck!

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Syrios I go to the one in my town but believe it or not that one has almost no wholesalers haha makes me feel like there is a niche I should be filling. I even started my own I should probably add it to the bigger pockets meetups. What I should do is go to atl and visit one there but I am really not ready to invest that far out. Thank you for the well-wishes. Wish you all the luck in the world as well. 

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Georgui Kasaev:

    @Andrew Syrios I go to the one in my town but believe it or not that one has almost no wholesalers haha makes me feel like there is a niche I should be filling. I even started my own I should probably add it to the bigger pockets meetups. What I should do is go to atl and visit one there but I am really not ready to invest that far out. Thank you for the well-wishes. Wish you all the luck in the world as well. 

     Thanks Georgui, and all the luck in the world to you too!

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Syrios Thanks! 

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Koob Moua and @Luke Bauer It was a pleasure hanging out with you guys this past Thursday. I am really glad we set a goal to work on over the next month. If anyone wants to participate here is what we set as our goal. To find and explore an avenue to locating off-market deals. 

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Koob Moua @Brad E. @Joel Snipes @Michael Blank @Account Closed  

    Hello, ladies and gentleman, I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season! I Would like to go ahead and schedule a get together for January 25th, which is the last Thursday of January. How, do you guys feel about that date? Is there a better one? Hope to hear from you all! Have a great New Years.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    @Georgui Kasaev that just might work!  What did you have in mind for the meet up??

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Travis Oglesby Would just like to touch base with everyone whos interested and see what we can do to help one another if anyone has any ideas on speakers that would want to present some info that would be awesome as well. 

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y
  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Koob Moua @Brad E. @Joel Snipes @Michael Blank @Account Closed

    Hey, guys, I hope your holidays went well and your new year is off to a good start! I am scheduling a get together for January 25th, which is the last Thursday of January. I will be available to answer your questions on video marketing and some basic stuff on social media marketing. Please join me UPSTAIRS at Allgood Lounge here is the address 256 E Clayton St, Athens, GA 30601 at 6:30 pm. If you can't seem to find me just ask the bartender and he will be able to point me out.  hope to see you all there!

  • Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Sounds like a plan.

  • Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    @Georgui Kasaev, I'm going to have to miss this one! See you next time!

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Brian Seelos Glad you can make it! @Josh Oden No big man all though I am super curious about how your properties are going! Hope to see you during the February one!

  • Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2015 · 205 posts · 66 votes
    8y

    hey @Georgui Kasaev I was planning to make it but I had something come up. I'll catch up with you guys next time.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.