Newbie from Houston,TX

8 Replies

Hello BP Community,

My name is Mark Chapman, I am from the Northeast side of the Houston,TX area. I am just getting started in real estate investing. I have always been drawn to real estate since my early 20's but never was able to take the next step. I am finally at the point in my life where I am ready to move forward and take action!  

I first want to say that I am so thankful for this website and the wealth of knowledge that it provides. I have never seen so much willingness to help others succeed as I have found on this forum. I am binge listening to the podcast everyday on the way to and from my current full-time job. I have learned so much in such a short time. I continue to comb through the forums daily and take in as much as I can. I hope to one day be able to contribute knowledge from my experiences as you all so willingly do. 

I am interested in starting with wholesaling and will likely move into flipping at some point in the future. 

I am looking forward to making connections with BP members in and out of my area. I am really excited to have found this invaluable resource and can't wait to see what the future holds!

Welcome Mark. I'm located in the Northeast as well; maybe we can catch up sometime for coffee or lunch. 

@Brooke Noth Thank you!! I will certainly be looking for lending help soon. 

@Effram Barrett I would love to, I am specifically in the Atascocita area.  Are there any BP meet up groups in our area or in Houston in general? I have heard of some of the other local groups that they advertise on the radio but have not looked into them.

@Mark Chapman Great to hear your getting started. I am a wholesaler in the Houston market and open to helping in anyway. As far as meetups in the Houston and surrounding area, I would suggest jumping in the local Facebook REI groups. There are 3 or 4 meetings a week in and across Houston. I hope this helps and the best of luck in investing!
Originally posted by @Mark Chapman :

@Brooke Noth Thank you!! I will certainly be looking for lending help soon. 

@Effram Barrett I would love to, I am specifically in the Atascocita area.  Are there any BP meet up groups in our area or in Houston in general? I have heard of some of the other local groups that they advertise on the radio but have not looked into them.

I'm not sure if there are any in Humble per se, but there are several in the Houston area usually Monday-Thurs and Saturdays. I did in small meet up in Fall Creek last yr and would love to get something setup closer to that side of town

@Derrick ACuff Thank you very much for offering to help! I will definitely be in touch. I have joined quite a few of the facebook groups but haven't seen anything about meetings. I will continue searching.

@Effram Barrett a meet up in Humble/Atascocita/Kingwood area would be excellent. We may have to be the ones to start it up.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you