Looking to build a team in Ohio

22 Replies

I am new to posting here, but not new to BP. I have been listening to the podcasts and lurking on this website for about a year now. This is the most comprehensive website and network of people that I have ever found for any area of investing. I have visited Cleveland twice in the last few months and will be investing heavily there this year. I am looking to build a team of lenders, agents, contractors, and property managers as I intend on investing in Cleveland and Columbus, OH, to start. Please feel free to reach out to me. Thank you.

Originally posted by @Lawrence Williams :

I am new to posting here, but not new to BP. I have been listening to the podcasts and lurking on this website for about a year now. This is the most comprehensive website and network of people that I have ever found for any area of investing. I have visited Cleveland twice in the last few months and will be investing heavily there this year. I am looking to build a team of lenders, agents, contractors, and property managers as I intend on investing in Cleveland and Columbus, OH, to start. Please feel free to reach out to me. Thank you.

Now is a great time to invest in Cleveland! There is so much going on here! Best of luck to you.

Lawrence, congrats on making the decision! I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve also reached out for recommendations and referrals and will let you know if I hear of good people. Are you looking for SFR, MF, flips? Or all of the above? :-)

Originally posted by @Lawrence Williams :

Hi Lawrence - Welcome to BP!  Build a local team that is familiar not only with the area but also with the type of property you are purchasing - location, unit count/mix, rents etc...These folks will be your boots on the ground. If you can come to the city to visit that helps but often, as a majority of properties are "curb offers only", buyers will come out for inspections after the offer is made and then go home and complete the rest of deal form there. It's critical as an out of state investor to build a team that you trust to advise you. Good luck with everything!

Hey Lawrence, 

I have built a pretty big team over the past 2 decades. I would be happy to share. They are not employees, just good folks that can get the job done here in Cleveland.  Fell free to reach out to me.

Hey @Lawrence Williams ! We just started buying our own rentals in Cleveland as well. I have been really digging Cleveland as a city, so much cool beer and food and really friendly people. To afford our own personal rentals acquisitions we are also starting to provide turnkey rentals because we have such a strong background in dump to diamond home renovations. Lets talk Ohio real estate man! I am new to the area as well so really looking forward to building a network of friends in the industry.

Hey @Lawrence Williams , I would love to hear how your Cleveland experience has been thus far. We are also in a similar boat with just getting started in the area. We have done some direct mail and social media marketing up to this point. My husband and I are remote flippers and wholesale when we have more deals under contract than we can fit into our portfolio at the time. 

We just got the verbal "offer accepted" on a property in Bay Village. We are waiting for all paperwork to come back signed then will be wholesaling it. Should be an easy 20% ROI.

Send me your email address if you are in interested in rehabbing in Bay Village. 

Originally posted by @Millie H. :

Hey @Lawrence Williams , I would love to hear how your Cleveland experience has been thus far. We are also in a similar boat with just getting started in the area. We have done some direct mail and social media marketing up to this point. My husband and I are remote flippers and wholesale when we have more deals under contract than we can fit into our portfolio at the time. 

We just got the verbal "offer accepted" on a property in Bay Village. We are waiting for all paperwork to come back signed then will be wholesaling it. Should be an easy 20% ROI.

Send me your email address if you are in interested in rehabbing in Bay Village. 

How did you find the deal?

Hey Lawrence. I am also a new investor in the Cleveland area looking to build a superstar team. I just bought my first property last year and is looking to get a couple MF this year. Let me know if you get any great recommendations and I will also share the references I have recieved so far.

Originally posted by @Ian Kurela :

Welcome Lawrence! Cleveland is a great place to get involved in. What kind of experience do you have in RE?

Hi Ian,

I flipped a house recently in Southern California. It sold prior to listing for just under $1.2M

Originally posted by @Rob Gillespie :

Hey Lawrence, 

I have built a pretty big team over the past 2 decades. I would be happy to share. They are not employees, just good folks that can get the job done here in Cleveland.  Fell free to reach out to me.

Thank you Rob. I definitely will. 

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

Hey Lawrence Williams ! We just started buying our own rentals in Cleveland as well. I have been really digging Cleveland as a city, so much cool beer and food and really friendly people. To afford our own personal rentals acquisitions we are also starting to provide turnkey rentals because we have such a strong background in dump to diamond home renovations. Lets talk Ohio real estate man! I am new to the area as well so really looking forward to building a network of friends in the industry.

Hi Justin,

Absolutely. I am trying to learn as much as I can about this market as necessary. 

Originally posted by @Millie H. :

Hey @Lawrence Williams, I would love to hear how your Cleveland experience has been thus far. We are also in a similar boat with just getting started in the area. We have done some direct mail and social media marketing up to this point. My husband and I are remote flippers and wholesale when we have more deals under contract than we can fit into our portfolio at the time. 

Hello Millie,

So far, it has been very overwhelming. But that's a good thing. Cleveland has a huge amount of inventory to sort through, the rental rates are all over the place, and the property tax rates don't make sense with many deals. Bay Village is a nice area. Please send me more details about the deal to review. Thank you.

Originally posted by @Nixon Davis :

Hey Lawrence. I am also a new investor in the Cleveland area looking to build a superstar team. I just bought my first property last year and is looking to get a couple MF this year. Let me know if you get any great recommendations and I will also share the references I have recieved so far.

I will definitely do so. Thank you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you