Getting started in real estate investing.

4 Replies

Sure,

Decide which kind of investor you want to be (SFR, Commercial, Land, Tax Liens, Passive, HML, Multi-Family, Notes, Fix & Flip, Buy & Hold, "Subject To", apartments, duplexes, assisted living, REOs, Foreclosures, Short Sales), etc. Decide how much money you have access to, & the zip codes, city or state you want to focus on. That will determine the next step. Outline where you want to be in five years. Put it all in writing. Start working your plan. There are plenty of people around to help you each step of the way.

I’m a local investor and I’d love to help any way I can. What are you looking to get into? Message me if you have any questions.

Hi Jake. Fairly new here. Just bought my first duplex which I will close on next week. Start listening to the podcasts and read some of the guides on the sites. It’s a great way to start getting ideas and learning the lingo.

@Jake J Price hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

You just took one of the most difficult steps in real estate investment; the first step. Reaching out to seasoned investors in BiggerPockets.

We are glad to have you here, Jake.

Happy to help in any way I can.

I wish you the best in your real estate investing career!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you