HI Everyone, I am a new REI in MN

HI Everyone, I am a new REI in MN

Hopkins, MN · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 14 votes

Just wanted to first say hi to everyone, as I am a new REI in Mn secondly I was wondering if there was any realtors that are investors themselves or realtors that work with investors in MN? Would love to connect. Thanks

2Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 361 posts · 296 votes
8y

Hey @Lynn Anderson , 

Welcome to the forums! There is a lot of information on this site so definitely look around and read from other investors' wins and losses to learn through their experience.

The two realtors I've seen do the best are @Jordan Moorhead and @Sam Steadman . 

Buying a rental is a fast process in June 2018 so be sure to talk to a lender and pre-approved so you can submit offers quickly when viewing them!

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 361 posts · 296 votes
    8y

    Hey @Lynn Anderson , 

    Welcome to the forums! There is a lot of information on this site so definitely look around and read from other investors' wins and losses to learn through their experience.

    The two realtors I've seen do the best are @Jordan Moorhead and @Sam Steadman . 

    Buying a rental is a fast process in June 2018 so be sure to talk to a lender and pre-approved so you can submit offers quickly when viewing them!

  • Hopkins, MN · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    Thanks Nathan for your recommendations. 

    How long have you been a flipper/rehabber?  What target areas have you found the most success? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2014 · 95 posts · 53 votes
    8y

    Welcome aboard Lynn.   Happy to answer any questions about multifamily, being an investor & realtor, or anything else.  I host a monthly meetup if you'd like to join us for some non-sales education of learning.  The next one will be in Mid-July.

  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 361 posts · 296 votes
    8y

    Hey @Lynn Anderson,

    I got started in REI 2 years ago and worked for a Turnkey provider. I took a small break to do some more work in the Corporate world but am back in the game, working with a wholesaler/flipper.

    I've seen the most success in selling properties that fit the budgets of 1st and 2nd time homebuyers. They tend to want less-maintenance properties and sell faster on the re-sale side of the deal.

  • Real Estate Broker · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2015 · 109 posts · 125 votes
    8y

    Hi Lynn, welcome to the market.  @Andrei Bortnov is an amazing agent who only works with investors (no first time homebuyers etc) in the Twin Cities and has access to a lot of off market deals.  I would connect with him and see if he can help.

  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    Welcome, @Lynn Anderson! I'm also looking for my first investment property in the twin cities area, focused on multifamily deals. A number of the MN BP members have directed me to check out the twin cities meetup.com groups for real estate investing, and I plan on attending a couple of them in the near future. Good luck in your search!

  • Professional Engineer · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2017 · 117 posts · 75 votes
    8y

    Welcome @Lynn Anderson.  I would recommend starting with a good resource for financing with @Tim Swierczek and then reaching out to @Jordan Moorhead to find you a deal.   Best of luck

  • Rental Property Investor · Glen Rock, NJ · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    @Lynn Anderson You should join local REI groups. Networking in person will benefit you tremendously! You can find a lot of local groups via meetup website plus the ones suggested above by other BP members.

  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets @Lynn Anderson!

  • Keller, TX · Member since 2018 · 68 posts · 47 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP.  Two of my partners are realtors and also investors with me.  Not in Mn but one is in Co and the other in Tx.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.