VA Beach Investor Newbie - Ready to kick ass and take names!

6 Replies

I stumbled upon real estate investing via YouTube and have recently become obsessed with the idea of turning my savings account into a money making machine (like many others).  I've been soaking in quite a bit of knowledge through BiggerPockets Podcasts, Books, Videos, etc. Now I'm starting to finally take action and am hoping to learn from the BiggerPockets online community as my partner and I take on this new journey.

If you're in the VA Beach/Norfolk/Chesapeake area investor and need an extra hand painting walls at your rental place, need help with a project, or would like to pawn off some of your paperwork - I'm your person. I currently work in HR while my partner works full time and goes to school. We're here to learn as much as possible!

Welcome, Taylor. I'm not in your area, but I'll still say hello. Consider finding your local real estate investment group. Mine is full of very generous people who are happy to share what they know.

Welcome! @Taylor Hudgins You should check out TRIG as well as PREIA they are the local real estate investors groups. I went to the last TRIG meeting and it was very informative and there were lots of people there to network with. Congrats on your decision and hope you find what you're looking for!

@Taylor Hudgins ,

Welcome to the community. I am currently in the process of closing out my small investment portfolio in CO and looking to start actively down in your area come January. If you still have the desire and the bug to learn hit me up and we can pick each others brain.

Seth

Welcome Taylor,

You will see we all have the same bug that bit us!  Our market is super fun and enjoys more stability than others when the economy gets tough.  enjoy!

Krissie

Welcome, Taylor! Love your analogy about turning your savings account into a money making machine....I have the same mental picture....all my little dollars are employees working every day to make money and bring it home at night. It's silly but it works when I get into analysis paralysis!

You've plugged into all the right resources on BP and Youtube...I agree with previous posters that connecting with your local Real Estate Investors Association (REIA) will give you face-to-face contact with a network of folks with great experience and wisdom.

Love your attitude - look forward to following your journey, Taylor!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you