New to BP! David McCauley

New to BP! David McCauley

Tappahannock VA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 1 vote

Hello all! I just joined BP! I've been watching the podcasts for awhile but decided it's time to join. My name is David McCauley. Im from and live in Tappahannock VA, about an hour east of Richmond. I bought my first property last year and am currently living In that residence. I am currently looking to buy my first rental property! I love hunting, fishing, music, investing, and playing paintball! I am super excited to be a member of this wonderful community, and will strive to learn as much as I can from the people and resources on this site!

1Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
7y

Welcome @David McCauley

I have some family in Richmond, beautiful area!

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    Welcome, David! I have "music" setup as a keyword alert so I got directed here. I recommend you go setup some keyword alerts for words that would interest you like "richmond, va" or "paintball". You might be surprised at what pops up. Best of luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    Hi David! Richmond based multifamily investor here. If you're ever interested in multifamily you're more than welcome to join my meet up. Our January meeting was tonight, but there will be another in Feb!

  • William LeePro Member
    Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Taylor L.

    Hi Taylor, I am in Richmond. I am looking to acquire my third rental. I have 2 SFR so far. I would love a multifamily property but haven't found my next deal yet. I would enjoy learning from more experienced investors like yourself. When ND where is your next meeti up? Thanks, Mac

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets David and good luck investing!

  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @David McCauley welcome!

  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @David McCauley

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. You have come to the right place to connect with others.

  • Tammie JonesBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Auburn, IN · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP! I am a Realtor and Property Mgr from NorthEast COLD Indiana! Suggestion for you as a new person to the REI world. No question is a dumb question- don't be afraid to ask, you will get a wide variety of answers from this group and a lot of great info! Best Wishes!

  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @William Lee:

    @Taylor L.

    Hi Taylor, I am in Richmond. I am looking to acquire my third rental. I have 2 SFR so far. I would love a multifamily property but haven't found my next deal yet. I would enjoy learning from more experienced investors like yourself. When ND where is your next meeti up? Thanks, Mac

     It'll be February 26th at O'Toole's. If you want to add me I can send you a link via PM.

  • Property Manager · Richmond, VA · Member since 2018 · 204 posts · 297 votes
    7y

    @David McCauley in which market do you plan on investing? I'm in Richmond, VA. As a local PM, I'm happy to be a resource as needed and have some great connections if you're building a team.

  • Tappahannock VA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @stephen Glover I first plan on investing in my area , Tappahannock but is a small town and pontential investment properties are slim. I want to invest in Richmond once I get a few local deals under my belt.

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets, @David McCauley!

    You'll find plenty of friendly, knowledgeable people willing to help respond to your questions. Many members are experts in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate brokerage, wholesaling, flipping, buy and hold, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

    There are some pretty cool discounts on various products and services offered as Perks to BP members that you might want to check out: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

    If you haven’t checked it out already, the Bigger Pockets blog features links to their awesome podcast and many great articles: https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/

    The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. For example, if you are looking to connect with other members near you, want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could start your search here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    I really like the alerts feature that can quickly guide you to current topics that might interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    7y

    Welcome @David McCauley

    I have some family in Richmond, beautiful area!

  • Tappahannock VA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Stephen Glover I first plan on investing in my area , Tappahannock but is a small town and pontential investment properties are slim. I want to invest in Richmond once I get a few local deals under my belt.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 515 votes
    7y

    Hey there, @David McCauley. Great to see you take that first and maybe most difficult step in real estate investment: reaching out on BiggerPockets. Congratulations and I wish you a ton of success.

  • Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Hello @David McCauley , welcome to the community! Good to see more DMV investors on the site. Best of luck and let me know if you ever venture further north.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.