New Real estate investor in Baltimore MD

New Real estate investor in Baltimore MD

Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 4 votes

Hello everyone,

Just got into real estate and I’m hoping to get my first rental property before the end of the year. I live in Baltimore MD, am 23 years old, and will be graduating this May with. a Mech. Eng. degree.

I’ve been looking for owner financing deals through craigslist, but most seem to have $20k+ as minimum downpayment. I have no savings to begin with whatsoever. Something else that I’ve considered is looking for investors to partner with but I’m not really sure where to begin.

I would appreciate any help, feedback, or advice as well.

1Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · mid atlantic · Member since 2017 · 197 posts · 106 votes
7y

Mamadou -

Nice to meet you.  I actually  got an engineering degree as well, live in Canton.  A bunch of us investors meet for breakfast in Canton once a month - shoot me a note if you are interested and I'll add you to the list.

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Mamadou Diallo

    Welcome to BP & way to get a jump on it early!

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2017 · 428 posts · 205 votes
    7y

    @Mamadou Diallo hey Mamadou, welcome to BP! I used to live in Baltimore and would be happy to chat sometime about the market as well as some creative financing strategies, including what I did for my first property. I could also refer you to a great, investor friendly agent in Baltimore. Let me know if youre interested. Best of luck, Kyle

  • Rental Property Investor · mid atlantic · Member since 2017 · 197 posts · 106 votes
    7y

    Mamadou -

    Nice to meet you.  I actually  got an engineering degree as well, live in Canton.  A bunch of us investors meet for breakfast in Canton once a month - shoot me a note if you are interested and I'll add you to the list.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Mamadou Diallo welcome to BP. There are a lot of baltimore investors that are very active here. There are also a lot of local investor groups (Meetups REIAs) and you will often find people you meet here at those events too.

  • Rental Property Investor · MD · Member since 2018 · 287 posts · 205 votes
    7y

    @Mamadou Diallo Welcome! I've been active in baltimore for almost a year now and this is definitely a great place to be.

  • Specialist · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 587 posts · 269 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP, Mamadou!  Congratulations, you have found one of the most valuable free resources on the internet for real estate investors new and old. We are happy to help you in any way we can.

  • Ozzy SirimsiBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 782 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP @Mamadou Diallo

    Many investors from Baltimore here in BP, you will get help

    Good Luck!!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Waldorf, MD · Member since 2014 · 592 posts · 320 votes
    7y

    @Chad Gallagher That's my favorite meal of the day!!  Sign me up!!  

    @Ned Carey Will I see you tonight?

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Account Closed I assume you mean at the BWI meetup. Probably not. I would like to go but I have a lot of work to catch up on.

  • Real Estate Investor · Waldorf, MD · Member since 2014 · 592 posts · 320 votes
    7y

    @Ned Carey yes.  It’s jammed packed.  

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2015 · 80 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    @Mamadou Diallo Welcome to the club!

    @Chad Gallagher I'd be interested in the meetup

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Account Closed I just finished the work I had to get done for tomorrow morning. I would have liked to have gone. My guess is it is packed in part because Terry in fairly well know guy and he is talking about a popular topic - Wholesaling

    I see Andre Johnson has a meetup at a BWI hotel. I think it showed you as a  member. I didn't know about that one. I guess asleep at the wheel.

  • Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Thank you for all the welcome messages everyone. I was not expecting so many responses at all.

    @Kyle Deutschmann, I just sent you a personal message and I look forward to speaking with you soon. 

    @Chad Gallagher, also sent you a personal note. How can I get on the list?

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to the BP family @Mamadou Diallo ! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website!

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Thank you for the link @Dmitriy Fomichenko. Will definitely follow through.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.