Greetings from the Rocket City (Huntsville, AL) !

23 Replies

Hi all! I've been lurking here for a bit but wanted to drop a note to say 'hi'. 

At little about my background, I've been a resident of the Huntsville area for the past 20+ years.  I work as an engineer (education: engineering / MBA).

I bought my first foreclosure almost 15 years ago. I rehab'd it myself on the weekend and lived in it for a few years then sold but haven't done much REI since. About a year ago, I started getting the itch to pick up a few rentals so I've been in full education mode (reading, analyzing, etc). In the past few weeks, I've put a foreclosure under contract that I'll BRRRR.

I'm planning to attend to the BP Conference in Nashville this fall and hope to learn a little and make some good connections!  If you're local or operating in the area, I'd love to hear from you!

- Mike

Promotion
BiggerPockets
The one-stop-shop for REI
Find Local Home Improvement Pros!
Check out our network of trusted, local contractors for all of your home improvement projects.
Find a Contractor

@Michael Balducci welcome back to the world of Real Estate investing! I am actively looking for great properties like the one you’re doing right now in the Huntsville area. Would love to share thoughts about the area. Message me anytime!

@Michael Balducci we just closed another one in Huntsville today! Congrats on the contract. Lots of good things happening in our market but the BRRRR strategy has been the most effective for my investors lately, lease options for me and my partner personally.

Hey @Michael Balducci!!

Congrats on putting the foreclosed house under contract! I am sure you will be successful given your pass record!

I am OOS investor and really love the Huntsville market!

Being local definitely gives a great edge and the local REIA is very active and super friendly!

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions for me.

-Gorden

Hi @Michael Balducci, Congratulations on your success. I am a local investor who has sucessfully BRRRR'd a few transactions in the area. I am also attending the conference in Nashville. On the local level there are a few Real Estate Investments clubs in the Huntsville area that may interests you. Most of these groups are on facebook and have monthly meetings:

Tennesse Valley REIA (Free Monthly meeting held at Newks at University)

Madison County REIA

North Alabama REIA

Originally posted by @Michael Balducci:

Hi all! I've been lurking here for a bit but wanted to drop a note to say 'hi'. 

At little about my background, I've been a resident of the Huntsville area for the past 20+ years.  I work as an engineer (education: engineering / MBA).

I bought my first foreclosure almost 15 years ago. I rehab'd it myself on the weekend and lived in it for a few years then sold but haven't done much REI since. About a year ago, I started getting the itch to pick up a few rentals so I've been in full education mode (reading, analyzing, etc). In the past few weeks, I've put a foreclosure under contract that I'll BRRRR.

I'm planning to attend to the BP Conference in Nashville this fall and hope to learn a little and make some good connections!  If you're local or operating in the area, I'd love to hear from you!

- Mike

Welcome to the site Mike.

Hi Mike, 

Welcome back to the world of REI! I am another Huntsville native and new(ish) investor in the area. We just bought our first BRRRR a few weeks ago. Excited to see this strategy at work in real life!

Best of luck,

Brittney

@Michael Balducci - welcome to BP and sweet news on the new project in Huntsville.  My partners and I operate in Huntsville as well, and we really like the market.  We just closed on 12 units last month that I'm really excited about.

I feel you're really in the right place to pick back up with REI and make some good things happen. I'm out-of-state, but a couple of my partners are local to you and I'd be happy to introduce them if you're interested. Also happy to chat here or on the phone about all things REI.

@Gorden Lopes - I see you're also in the Bay Area and invest in Huntsville?  Same here.  Let me know if you're interested in jumping on a call or, if you work in SF proper, grabbing coffee or lunch.  

Best of luck guys!

Good evening, I am not a forum girl, but here goes. We have been investing (buy and hold for retirement income) in Huntsville for 15+ years over 20 properties. We are ready to scale down some of our larger SFH in Madison county (Harvest, Hazel Green/Toney areas). Total of 5 properties (two twins-side by side, and a single). Long term tenants in side by sides, single is about to go the market for sale. Love discussing REI. We will be in Nashville for Conference with some of our team members. Happy to give my opinion on history and prospects in Huntsville. Best of luck to all, never stop learning, keep taking the next step.

@Carol Elliott

I am a Huntsville rental property investor and will be attending the BP conference as well. I would be very interested in meeting up and chatting. Let me know. 

@Carol Elliott and I were discussing having pre-BP conference meetup here in Huntsville, if there's interest. We're targeting 5:300PM-7:30PM on Friday, Sept 27th.

Please let me if you're interested attending a casual meet and greet to chat about REI.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you