Newbie From Maryland looking to listen, contribute and learn

Newbie From Maryland looking to listen, contribute and learn

Realtor · Fulton, MD · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes

Hello BP members,

My name is Ed Stelle, new to the bigger podcast forms have been listening to the podcast and want to connect with people with like minds. I don’t have many friends or family that invest in real estate so I am trying to surround myself with people with similar goals.

Name- Ed Stelle

Real estate background- In my first full year as a real estate agent, was a mortgage consultant for 9 years.

Real Estate goals- focusing on wholesaling until I build enough capital to start doing buy and holds. Long term goals would be to have enough rentals (multi-family, residential) where I have the cash flow to meet my needs while building long term wealth.

Hobbies- I work for a major airline so I love to travel I am also a huge motorsports fan. I grew up drag racing cars and riding motorcycles. I love to spend my time camping in the mountains and riding my motorcycles with friends.

Who I would like to meet- First and foremost people I can learn from that are establish investors and network with people with similar goals. I would also love to meet other agents to refer business back and forth. It would also be amazing to meet people with similar hobbies.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction. I look forward to connecting with all of you and providing value to the BP family.

3Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · MD · Member since 2018 · 287 posts · 205 votes
7y

@Ed Stelle you're already off on the right foot making connections.  As @Ozzy Sirimsi was saying, make sure you add "baltimore" and other key words (They can be areas, strategies etc) to your alerts so you can be notified as they come about in discussion.  This has been extremely beneficial for me learning

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2018 · 974 posts · 645 votes
    7y

    Welcome Ed! All the best starting out. Happy help if you have any specific needs or questions I can help with! -Joe

  • Ozzy SirimsiBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 782 votes
    7y

    Hi Ed!!!

    Welcome tom BiggerPockets, there are many investors from MD and they are very helpful, don't hesitate to reach out.

    Good Luck!!!

  • Realtor · Fulton, MD · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Ozzy Sirimsi thanks! Would you recommend any to follow?

  • Ozzy SirimsiBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 782 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Ed Stelle:

    @Ozzy Sirimsi thanks! Would you recommend any to follow?

     I dont have any specific person, just follow the forum, set keyword alert and you will get notification on specif topics.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Ed Stelle

    Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area:
    https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Wishing you the best!

  • Riviera Beach, MD · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Welcome @Ed Stelle

    Brand new investor here from Maryland as well.  

    Have you looked into any of the Real Estate meetups through the forums?  Many local ones constantly going on all through out Maryland.  I plan to go to my first one quite soon. 

  • Realtor · Fulton, MD · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Michael Stults

    Yeah I'm looking to attend some aswell.

    Where in Maryland are you located? Let me know when what meet up you plan to attend.

  • Riviera Beach, MD · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    I'm in the Riviera Beach area, just southeast of Baltimore City.  A majority of the meetups I've been looking into appear to be in the Owings Mills and BWI Airport area.  Will definitely do that.

  • Realtor · Fulton, MD · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Michael Stults

    Look forward to meeting you. I'll add you on here as well

  • Rental Property Investor · MD · Member since 2018 · 287 posts · 205 votes
    7y

    @Ed Stelle you're already off on the right foot making connections.  As @Ozzy Sirimsi was saying, make sure you add "baltimore" and other key words (They can be areas, strategies etc) to your alerts so you can be notified as they come about in discussion.  This has been extremely beneficial for me learning

  • Realtor · Fulton, MD · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Solomon Morris

    Thanks man, added you aswell. Would love to talk strategies sometime.

  • Michael KruppPro Member
    Lender · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 114 votes
    7y

    GRID Baltimore meetup

    BWI Meetup

    MAREIA

  • Specialist · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 68 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP @Ed Stelle!! Your real estate expertise will be very helpful for a lot of other newbies! Take full advantage of all of the resources and networks BP has to offer!

    Best of luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Lanham, MD · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Welcome to the Bigger Pockets Family @Ed Stelle. I, like yourself, started last year and bought my first home in 2018 (house hacking). I just bought my second house less than a month ago (forclosure) and currently doing the renovations myself. I work around Ft. Meade, but my new place is in Lanham, MD. Come by sometime and see the process of renovating. 

  • Realtor · Fulton, MD · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Maureen McCann- Thanks, I hope it can help myself and once I learn more about what I'm doing I can't wait to help other find their way to financial freedom!

  • Realtor · Fulton, MD · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Taghlub A. Nassar yeah I would love to see what you are doing to increase the ARV and get it rent ready. Message me and would love to give you a hand, don't know to much about construction but would offer to help

  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 107 posts · 129 votes
    7y

    @Ed Stelle Welcome to BP!  You should also join the Facebook group 'Maryland Investors Network'.  Lots of great activity 

    there.  They have a meetup in Millersville.    I want to get into the buy and hold game soon as well.  Happy to connect!

  • Realtor · Fulton, MD · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Stephen Predmore:

    @Ed Stelle Welcome to BP!  You should also join the Facebook group 'Maryland Investors Network'.  Lots of great activity 

    there.  They have a meetup in Millersville.    I want to get into the buy and hold game soon as well.  Happy to connect!

     thanks Stephen, I just added the group look forward to hitting some meetups soon

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.