New to BP from Northern New Jersey. REI.

New to BP from Northern New Jersey. REI.

NJ · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes

New member to the BP Community, recently joined in August but never introduced myself.

A little about me :

My name is Justin and I am 26. I have grown a passion for real estate within the last year and finally ready to start taking action. I currently live in North NJ with 5 years of construction experience managing a growing stair/carpentry company ran by myself and my father. Being around flippers, realtors, and builders constantly has pushed me even more to become a real estate investor after having the experience of full gut rehabs and constant work for interior projects. As I already have a construction team built, looking to master in analyzing property value, crunching numbers and more information on hard money lenders.

I'm looking to invest in strictly buy and hold properties and learn different strategies with the bigger pockets community, as well as network with local investors and realtors.

Counties I'm mainly interested in : Essex, Union, Passaic.

I would eventually like to land into fully developing 2-3 unit homes from the groundup in the near future.

If there is any local meetup events with the listed above counties please let me know as I'm looking to soak up as much info before my first deal.

Best,

Justin Lugo

3Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
6y

I'm sure there are meetups in your area, and with your construction experience/ company you are really well positioned to do well.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    I'm sure there are meetups in your area, and with your construction experience/ company you are really well positioned to do well.

  • Rental Property Investor · Montclair, NJ · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Justin Lugo hi Justin, welcome to the BP community! If you look on the app meet up you’ll be able to find some. I know there was one last week in Montclair, NJ by the Brick x Brick group and there is another in west orange every Wednesday! I have not been to either, but two options for you!

  • NJ · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Chris Mendoza Thank you chris, appreciate the info I will definitely check it out.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    6y

    @Justin Lugo

    Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area:
    https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    Wishing you the best!

  • Anthony SuscoPro Member
    Lender · Turnersville, NJ · Member since 2016 · 173 posts · 68 votes
    6y

    Welcome to BP Justin!  There is an investor meetup in Bridgewater Twp. next Tuesday.   

    https://www.meetup.com/Central-South-NJ-Real-Estate-Investors-Group/events/265873340/

    I hope to see you there.

  • NJ · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Anthony Susco Great, absolutely I’ll be there, thank you for the info.

  • NJ · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko Thanks for taking the time to provide that info for me Dmitriy I’ll be sure to check it out.

  • Edison, NJ · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 19 votes
    6y

    Morning Justin,  Welcome to Bigger Pockets.  There is a great event that meets monthly in Garwood.  You can attend the first meeting to see if its worthy your time, then need to join for the 2nd time around.  Details at https://www.njresnmembership.com/

    Have fun with this new opportunity

    Dave Spatz

  • Real Estate Agent · Elmwood Park, NJ · Member since 2015 · 151 posts · 36 votes
    6y

    @Justin Lugo Welcome to BP! You will do awesome especially due to your construction skill set. If you sign up on meetup.com you can look up all the local real estate meet ups. https://www.meetup.com/topics/... 

    Just curious what is/are your goal(s) for 2020? 

  • NJ · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Fasil Khan Thank you sir. Current goal is to hire a mentor before 2019 ends. 2020 goal is to have (2) buy and hold properties.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.